Chapter 4

By the time Brady and I decided to say our goodbyes, it was already 12:30. And I was starving. I ran downstairs and to the kitchen, where I started to search for something to eat. I didn't know how to cook so the fridge was filled with pre-cooked foods. I grabbed a frozen pizza out of the freezer and heated it for 10 minutes. 15 minutes later, I finished the pizza and went straight to bed. Exhausted, I fell asleep right away.

I woke up at 7 and quickly got dressed. If I was late, I wouldn't be able to catch the nerd at her locker. Slipping on a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans, I rushed downstairs. Not wanting to lose time eating breakfast, I grabbed a bagel, slipped on my black high tops, and ran to my car. I arrived at school promptly 10 minutes later. Parking my Lexus at its usual spot, I hurried to the lockers near the AP Spanish classroom.

I slowed down to a walk when I got closer to my destination. I could see a silhouette of girl by one of the lockers. Her back was facing me so I couldn't take a look at her face. I was about to walk toward her when Amanda, with her minions a step behind her, suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Adam! Honey, I was looking all over for you," Amanda purred. Her arms reaching toward mine before it clinged onto it. I groaned. How many times did I have to say it for her to understand?

I flung the arm that she was clinging to and freed myself from her grasp. I took a couple steps away from her and exclaimed in frustration, "What the hell, Amanda?! I told you, we are not dating!"

Amanda pouted. "Babe, don't be like this, I know you like me," she said as if saying that would make it true. She took a step closer to me and was about to reach for my arms again when I held up my hands to block her.

"Thank you, but no thank you," I said, pushing her away from me. I snuck a look behind her and saw that the girl was walking away. I had to make her stop, but I didn't know her name. I rubbed my hair in frustration.

"Who are you looking at?" Amanda asked before looking behind her. Recognition spread on her face as she saw. "Why are you even paying attention to that freak?"

"Do you know her?" I asked with interest.

"No! Of course not! She's a complete nerd, why would I be friends with her?" she said. "I only know her because I told her to do my essay a few days ago. Her name's ... what was her name again? Do you remember, Bailey?"

I saw one of the girls behind her perk up after hearing their name. "Uhm yeah. It was Sandie," she confirmed. "A pretty weird name if you ask me."Amanda nodded in agreement like as if she remembered it too.

Sandie.. that was an odd name. When I find her, I'll need to ask her about that.

Pretty soon, Amanda, Bailey, and the other girl got bored and left. Finally left alone, I noticed that I was the only one in the hallway. The girl, Sandie, no where to be found.

I didn't plan to give up so easily. Since I didn't have football practice after school today, I decided to wait by her locker. She would have to come back eventually to drop off her things.

Alas, the 7th period bell rang. I ran out of my 7th period class and in the direction of Sandie's locker. When I got to her locker, I was the only one there. I don't think she came yet I told myself and took a seat on the floor next to her locker. After what felt like 5 hours, but in reality 5 minutes, I noticed a girl heading this way. She must be Sandie.

"Sandie!" I called to the girl walking toward me.