Chapter 25

Adam's POV

"1-4-3." I murmured softly.

At first, I was wondering on whether she heard me or not, but the moment I heard the sound of her footsteps stop, all my doubts flew out the window.

I carefully placed the plate that was in my hand on the counter and walked over to Sadie. Since I was tall, I reached her in less than 4 long strides. I stopped right in front of her and leaned forward, stopping less than an inch away from her left ear.

"1-4-3, I love you," I whispered. I was about to open my mouth to say more when there was a loud knock on the front door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

I looked out the kitchen and curiously watched as Mrs. Taylor got up and hurried over to the front door to open it. I took a quick glance around and noticed that both Sadie and Amanda were watching.

Mrs. Taylor unbolted the door and opened up a little crack. "Who is it?" she asked sweetly.

"Good evening ma'm, I'm Detective James," I heard a deep voice say gruffly. I strained my neck and saw that he was holding up a shiny silver badge for Mrs. Taylor to see. "I'm looking for a Miss. Amanda Smith?"

I looked over to Amanda and saw that the smile that was previously on her face was no longer there. It was now replaced with a look of fear.

When I looked back over to Mrs. Taylor, she had already pulled open the door wider to let the detective in.

A man who looked about 5'8 walked into the living room. His black hair was styled into a buzz cut. He was dressed in a black hoodie with a dark navy t-shirt underneath and black jeans. His eyes looked tired and the dark circles beneath his eyelids showed that he had worked many late nights.

"I need to have a talk with Miss. Smith at the police station," he said as he walked over to the couch. He gestured for us to sit down and we obediently listen, even Mrs. Taylor!

He stood there until he saw that we were all seated before sitting down himself.

"We received a report that Miss. Smith had asked someone to purposely hit.." he started to say before pausing to take out a worn notepad from his pants pocket. He looked through it briefly before looking back over to us again.

"A Miss Sadie Taylor? I'm here to investigate if the car accident was truly an accident or on purpose like the report said. If we find that it was an accident, the police station will regard the report as a false one," he explained.

I heard Mrs. Taylor gasp.

"Now which one of you is Amanda?" he asked us as his eyes wandered over to Sadie and Amanda.

I expected Amanda to speak up and say that she was the person he was looking for, but instead, she raised her finger and pointed at Sadie. "That's her!" she blurted out.

A/N: Thank you Willowtri for making a quote banner for this story! :) I'm very thankful!! It looks great! Here is the question I want to ask today: should I keep the genre of this story as Romance or change it to Teen Fiction?