Chapter Six

Prom. 

I had my own; it sucked. But that was because I went alone and the DJ played a mix between 80's music and hard core rap. Terrible selection in music, if you ask me. 

Ryan's prom was coming up in a few weeks and now that we were dating, I would ultimately be his plus one. Nonetheless, I still anxiously anticipated him asking me to be his plus one.  

Flashback

We were five months into our relationship, making it May. Senior prom was June, just around the corner. I knew Ryan had something extravagant planned for his promprosal, I learned very quickly that he was one of those "extra" people when it came to relationships. Though, when the day came I was in for a treat. 

I'm driving you to school. I'll come over at 7:15. Love you cupcake!! 

Cupcake? Didn't realize I had a pet name. I smiled though, calling to Kyle that he had to be ready at 7:15 if he didn't want to walk to school.  

After a small breakfast, I was summoned outside by a car honking. I smiled out the door at Ryan who was grinning behind the wheel. 

"Kyle! Ryan's here. Let's go!" I shouted, walking out of the house, saying goodbye to my mom. 

"Hello gorgeous!" Ryan chirped, when I opened the door. 

"Sup handsome. Hey Zach" I shifted my gaze to my boyfriends brother in the backseat. "You don't need to sit in the back. I can sit in the back." I insisted. 

"Tate," Ryan interrupted. "Sit" I sighed and nodded, my eyes drifting to where my butt would eventually be. Good thing I did because there was a single cupcake- yellow cake with chooclate icing, my favorite-  with a slate of chocolate, a single pink P on it. I smiled, looking up at Ryan. 

"What's this?" 

"A cupcake." I rolled my eyes, picking it up and sitting down just as Kyle got into the car. 

"I know that." I said in a 'duh' manner. "Why is there a cupcake on my seat?" 

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. Now give me my good morning kiss so we can go." I laughed, pecking him on the lips, quickly, trying not to make it uncomfortable for Zach and Kyle. 

The day progressed and I soon caught on when I got a R cupcake in my locker and an O in accounting. During lunch, I was given a M from Ryan who sheepishly walked away after placing it in front of me. 

The bell rang at 2:07 inidcating that the school day was over. I walked through the masses of students to my locker to find a grinning Ryan. 

"Hello." I said, when I got to my locker. It was already open, like usual, since I gave Ryan my combination. 

"Hey, beautiful," He replied, pulling me in by the waist and pressing his forehead to mine. The hallway was vacant aside from the two of us, the school practically emptied out for the day. 

I gave him a quick kiss before putting my books in my backpack. "So although the idea was cute, I really think you are trying to get me fat with all those cupcakes." I said. 

I heard a deep chuckle from beside me. "You ate all of them?" 

"Of course not! I only had the P, but damn those were good. You didn't make them, did you?" 

"Took me 3 hours to get them right." An adorable blush tinted his cheeks. 

"Are you serious?" I asked, standing from my crouched position on the floor. An embarrassed nod indicated he was telling the truth. "God, I don't think I could love you anymore." I said, embracing him in a hug. "You are truly amazing."