Chapter Twelve~Speak Of The War

Chapter Twelve~ Speak Of The War

Sarahlena's POV

"Parker? He was here?" Dylan's face grew red with anger. "He was right in front of me and I didn't even know it!" He started shouting. I nuzzled my face deeper into his shoulder as I still clung to him. When I had jumped in him, I had literally jumped on him. My legs were wrapped tightly around his waist and my arms were around his neck. I felt like a little girl but I didn't care. Dylan was the only person I want to handle right now.

"He was right there wasn't he Mel?" I took deep calming breaths into Dylan's shoulder, smelling his lemon scent each time.

"Unfortunately. The prick looked like he was going to suck the blood right out of her neck. Poor girl, she looked torn." Mel's voice dripped with sarcastic sympathy. Bitch. Dylan stiffened a little more. I could practically feel the steam coming out of his ears.

"Why are you here, Mel?" He gritted through his teeth.

"Well, I came to congratulate the new Alpha, of course." More sarcasm poured from her pink glossed lips. She grinned, "You know why I'm here, Dylan."

Dylan nodded his head and started walking toward the pack house. I still clung to him and shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I heard that the party was still going on, but it was a lot rowdier now. I heard the crunching of sticks before I heard Derek.

"What happened?"

"Derek, take your sister inside, I don't want to wake her." Dylan unpried my hands from his neck and handed me to Derek. He held me bridal style and carried my into the house.  

"You may be able to fool Dylan, Lena, but I am not so gullible. When you want to talk about what happened, you can tell me." He whispered as he carried me upstairs. He kept walking as I kept my eyes closed. I heard as he grabbed a door knob and the creaking open of a door. He walked into a room that smelled strongly of lemon, Dylan. He moved me from his warm chest and placed my on the softest mattress. It smelled just like Dylan. I sighed in contentment.

I heard Derek jostle some stuff around before I heard the sound of something being moved across the wood floors. I cracked one eye open. He moved a chair next toe bed and plopped down on it.

"Please tell me your not going to watch me sleep." I mumbled.

"Alpha's orders, baby girl. Until Dylan sorts some things out, this is what I was told should happen." I closed my eyes and wrapped my self in the soft blanket.  I groaned. I opened one eye to see him resting his head in his hands watching me, making sure nothing would happen to me.

"Can you at least NOT stare at me like I'm going to disappear at any moment?" I rolled away from him and buried myself deeper into the blankets.

"Hey, I don't want someone getting hurt by ghost Parker." He reached across the bed and poked me.

"Why don't you get a book or something? I mean you can see him too! It's not like you wouldn't know he's here, Mom and Dad 'magically' made you too." He chuckled.

"You're probably right , but I don't want to take any chances." We were silent for a few moments after that, seeing as it was an Alpha's order and I wasn't winning this battle. I tossed and turned getting all caught up in the blankets, I was like a beautiful butterfly in a cocoon... or at least that's what it felt like. I could feel Derek's eyes on me the whole time.

"Derek! I can't sleep when I know your staring at me like some artifact on display!" I turned to face him. "You do realize that Dylan will probably hurt you more if you disturb my time for sleep." I sing songed. I could still totally win this battle.