Why not. Prt 2

"I want you to marry my son." I choked slightly on my coffee, but politely covered my mouth with my hand. " Excuse me, I don't quite understand, I don't think I know you." I was sat in the coffee shop at the corner opposite my apartment, my usual Carmel masterpiece of the morning tucked into my hands on the table as I stared lovingly at it. Or at least I was until this extravagantly dressed woman sits across from me and strikes up a conversation in the form of a proposition like this one. Geez, who does that.

I blinked at her, pushed my glasses up my nose gently and poised myself to ask some clarifying questions when she cut off my thoughts. " You're Aren Grents, I'm friends with your parents. Graduated top of everything and have been attending parties and events in the high society of New York for three months. You are England's sweetheart, raised in America, born to be a princess, but too smart for a throne. I need you to marry my playboy son and reform his public image for the good of my family. I've approached your parents and they find it a great match. My son is Oliver Leary, I'm Diana Leary."

For the first time in forever I stared back, perplexed by this woman sat across from me. She clearly wanted to look calm and respectable but was visibly expectant, waiting for my answer as if her future depended on it. That look in her eye that said she was serious meant I was instantly in the middle of a very important decision. I took a deep breathe and then looked back at my coffee, taking a slow sip.

I slipped my phone out of pocket as it vibrated and saw the message from my father on the screen ~You're getting married.~

Well it looks like this is decided for me. What can I say to get out of this.. I'm not seeing anyone, I'm not employed anywhere currently. Am I really ready to become a wife and stay at home public figure for at least a few years? This will be my life, turned on its head and thrust into the papers for all to see. I don't even know him, but this is what the rich and famous do. I'm a pawn that's willing to play, seeing as I was raised to be the perfect wife. I just can't let my sense of self get steamrolled by this, I am Aren and they won't change me. Maybe I'll even love him. Probably not.

"Okay, Why not."