-1-

o n e

Pills were good for drowning out the drama in Cara's household.Good,but not good enough.

Nonetheless,Cara took two,following according to the description on the perfume sized bottle.Cara closed her eyes,taking in the bitter yet sweet taste.As a usual side effect her mind started to freeze,a serene sound stilled her surroundings.

The sounds stopped,her vision blurred once again with the sharp pang of a migrane gone numb.

Of course this isn't enough,I won't last today.I wonder what would happen if I take a few more-

"Cara!Come downstairs will you?"the familiar voice of her mother immediately shattered her thoughts.Taking an unnerving glance at the mirror she shoved the perfume bottle into her bag,carelessly slamming the door behind her when she left the room.

She was greeted with the smell of cheap cooking gas and pancake box mix as she head downstairs into her kitchen,the size of a small office reception area.

"What did you do to your sister this time?"Charlene sighed in exasperation,as she sheltered her other daughter behind her.Charlene and Cara looked no where near mother and daughter,but Cara looked exactly like her father,Brad.Her cream blonde hair and small nose was an uncanny resemblance to his.Cara had seen pictures of her father.

'He was a great man,'her mother would say,then not saying a word more.

"Nothing.I did nothing."Cara shrugged,she honestly didn't do anything.Amy made a snarling face at her sister,grabbing onto her mom's shoulder like a child,though she clearly surpassed her mother in height.

"Don't give me that bull again.You can't possibly tell me amy lied."Charlene hissed and turned her back to her,continuing to prepare breakfast.

Her sister was a mere year older than Cara,and she was no where near sweet and innocent,but she was undeniably perfect.Besides her looks,in which she wishes to utilise for a job at modeling,but many job opportunities were already open to her with her scholarship she got from Yale,and also her finished degree for piano.

Amy sauntered across the kitchen over towards Cara and snorted unattractively.Cara grabbed an apple-knowing that was all she was going to get,from the fridge and stuffed it into her bag as well.

The amateur model narrowed her eyes.She never liked Cara.She wanted Cara to know that.She wanted her mother to take her side,feeding her lies to the brim until she explodes all her bottled hatred on Cara.It may seem impossible,but it worked.Every single time.Amy smirked and looked at her mother.

"Mom,I told you.Cara's threatening me again.Do something about her,please,she is such a failure for God sake."Amy whined and pushed past Cara.

"Don't think I don't know that you've been slutting around with that nerd boy of yours whore."she whispered as she passed her poor excuse of a sister.

Great.Amy knows about her small crush on Aaron.Word about her just never gets pass her sister.Feeling a boiling sensation in her head Cara knew she hit her limit today.

"At least I don't whore around for a small modeling job."Cara snapped,she closed her mouth immediately,but knew it was too late.

"Piss off,failure,"Amy was to say but in an instant backed away,faking hurt.But of course,their mother was too blind to tell the difference.Charlene turned around to face Cara once again.

Charlene wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand,her gingery brown hair in an uncombed mess and her palms red from the stove."You know what I've had it with you.Just Go.Thank God Mr Adams can take you off us."