Chapter 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was relaxing in a nice warm bubble bath, peacefully daydreaming about Gabe. What our future would be like. About Ella’s baby. And then nothing.

I’m lying on a mattress and it completely dark. I have no idea how I ended up here.

I try standing, but my hands and legs are tied. Since my hands are tied in the front, I reach down and untie my legs. Then bringing my hand to my mouth, freeing my hand.

It’s really cold in here, my hair in still wet from my bath. So I haven’t been here long. I’m also naked. I feel around the mattress and remove the sheet and tie it roman style on me. It bring me some warmth, but not much.

I walk around and realize I’m in some type of cell, with bars running along one side of the room and the other three stone or some type of brick.

As I try and find some weapon, the outer door opens and a familiar woman walks in.

“Your awake, I see” She stated angrily,

“You couldn’t leave could you, you were already out of the fucking house. But you had to comeback.” She continues her rant.

“Ana, what’s going on? Help me get out of here.” I pleaded.

“Why would I help you?” She sneered. “Do you know how long it took me to get you here? How long I planned this? You’ll leave here when your dead!”

“I don’t understand, what going on.”

“Twenty five years I’ve worked for him, I tried to get his attention when I was younger. I started working for Gabe when I was 26 years, I tried for years to get his attention, for him to look at me with desire. The way he looks at you, that’s what I want.” She ranted. “ When your body is found, I’ll comfort him. He will love me.”

I was stunned, Ana was will into her 50’s and while Gabe was much older - he appeared early 30’s. I realized that Ana was more than likely insane. Twenty five years of unrequited love had driven her mad.

“ beautiful, I could have maintained my beauty if he had loved me sooner.”

“ You truly are insane.” Cutting off her rant. “ You can’t force him to love you. And could have asked him to change you.”

“I want all or nothing. Now write a good bye letter.” She demanded, as she threw a note pad and pen through the bars.

I shook my head no.

She pulled a small gun from her pocket.

“I’m not very good with guns, but from here I cant miss.” She grinned.

“Choose; die now, or die later.”

I began to write, hoping that writing this letter would buy me time got Gabe to find me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gabe,

Thank you for protecting from Greg, and for the medical excuse you created for my job. I will soon return to my position, with the medical return from appendicitis. I will then turn in my resignation. And move away.

The pain you have caused me is too great, I can not trust you after the affair you had with Alexis. Ella was able to confirm this.

Please do not look for me,

Sofia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabe’s POV

I wish I could say I was angry, but I wasn’t. I was heart broken. Sofia went to her room yesterday, and never came down.

Ella told me she read my thoughts, and let Sofia know. She is positive that Sofia is in love with me. But actions speak louder, than her words.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as Ana knocked and entered my office.

“Good morning Sir, Miss Sofia asked me to give this to you this morning. She did not wish to disturb you last night.”

“Thank you, Ana.” I said as I took the letter. “You only come once a week Ana, was there a problem yesterday?”

“Ah.. No Sir, I forgot something. It could not wait until today.”

“O.k., Ana, you may return to your duties.”

As I read Sofia’s letter, I knew who was causing trouble for Sofia. I just needed Ella to confirm it.

Hang on Sofia, just hang on.