Chapter 6 - PART 2

While glancing through the menu and deciding what to eat, my thoughts were totally muddled, trying to make sense of everything he had just said to me. I heard him ordering for both of us, not paying much attention to what he was ordering, I stole a look in his direction while he was speaking to the waiter.

He was drop dead gorgeous. Why on earth was he interested in a plain Jane like me?  I knew it could not be the money, as his wealth was on a par with my new inheritance, and the fact that my father had left him fifty percent shares in our racing stables, as a token of thanks for taking care of my inheritance till I was twenty five.

The waiter came to light our candles and soft music played in the background. My heart lurched as he smiled at me.  His smile reflected in his eyes.  It was the first time I had seen his whole face light up with a smile.  He brushed his fingers softly against my cheek, running his thumb across my lips. “I hope you will let me kiss those pretty lips of yours a million times and millions more, once we leave here.”

I blushed red hot from the roots of my hair to the tips of my toes.  Amused by my reaction, he lifted my hand to his lips and kissed each fingertip.  Suddenly I exhaled, realizing I had again been holding my breath. “Melanie, Angel, we need to find a cure for that breathing problem of yours.” He leaned forward and planted a firm but gentle kiss on my lips.  Before I thought of responding his lips were gone.

“Cirrus, I ummm, don’t know what to say.”

“Angel, you said it all when you walked through that door tonight.”

“I did?”

“You understood the words on my card and you felt our connection, that’s why you are here with me now.”

I looked at him and nodded silently, feeling the blush creeping up my cheeks again.  He laughed softly. “I see it does not take much to make you blush, my Angel.”

“I’m sorry, but when did I become Your Angel?”

“The minute you walked through that door, sat beside me, instead of across from me and gave me your hands and let me kiss you.”  He watched my reaction carefully “you have wanted me to kiss you since the signing of the papers in the Lawyers office.”

I lowered my eyes and tilting my head down stared at my hands resting in his.  What was I getting myself into?  I had to admit my attraction to him was intense.   Being near him like this made my heart pound and my pulse race.  Now I felt like I was ready to explode with so many unexplained desires burning inside me like a furnace.

During our meal we made small talk.  I avoided his eyes knowing he was watching my every expression.  I tried hard not to let him see how anxious I was and also a little nervous. He seemed to be able to read me like a book, not something I was too happy about.

As we stepped out of the café after our meal, there at the curb side was his limo waiting for him.  His chauffeur came round to open the passenger car door.  I looked up and smiled at him “What happened to the cab?”

“Well, seeing as we are not going back to your flat, I did not think you would mind riding in the limo.”

Confused I asked “What do you mean we’re not going back to my flat?”

“I thought we would take the scenic route back to my place for the night” Cirrus said. 

“Ohh really?” I scowled at him “I am working tomorrow and need an early night.  I will get myself a cab.”

As I turned to walk away he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his arms. He towered above me and made me feel so small and insignificant.  He lifted my head and looked deep into my eyes. “Angel, you know you want to come home with me tonight.  I can read it in your eyes; your body language gave you away all through dinner.”

I stared at him, unable to believe he could read me so well. “I have to work tomorrow, the early shift,” I repeated.

“Nice try,” he laughed “I have already checked your shifts for this week, and you have the next two days off.”

“How dare you invade my privacy?  What right do you have to check what shifts I am working?  I am surprised they told you anyway.”

“I used my sophisticated charm!” he said smugly.

“Well your charm is not working on me!” I exclaimed “I am really angry with you. You had no right to enquire about my work routine.”

“Melanie, Angel, let me make it up to you, please?  Come for a ride and you can tell me what I can do to put me back in your good books.”

“Stop calling me Angel for one thing. My name is Melanie, please use it. Secondly, I am not your Angel, or your anything for that matter.  I belong to no one. I am my own Master”

“Don’t you mean Mistress?” he smiled and winked at me.

“Oooo Cirrus, you are so infuriating!” I scolded.

All this time he had been holding me so close I could feel his heart beating through his chest and it was beating rather rapidly too.  Suddenly he let me go and asked very politely, “Melanie, please get in the limo and come for a drive.  If you are totally against coming home with me afterwards, I promise to call you a cab to take you home.”