witch mountain chapter 5

Chapter5

church, and freaky readings.

I went to the orphanage church and found the person who I was looking for.

"Pastor Murry!! Pastor Murry!! I yelled after him a couple of times. He finally turned and acknowledged me.

"Well, isn't this a surprise. Young Alice back to visit?" I loved Pastor Murry he was always kind and comforting to me. He always took care of me personally. It didn't matter if it was as small as a bruise or a heart break, he'd always be there for me. These memories made me smile.

"I need to talk to you Pastor, it's rather urgent. But I would like it to be under confession secrecy.

"Sure, sure follow me to the confession room." I followed. As we walked we talked about my childhood and teenage life, and shared good memories. In no time we were laughing, and in the confession room.

"Here we are child, now tell me your sins, and worries. For the only person who will know anything of this will be our beloved God in the heavens." So I began telling him what happened recently. My meeting with my aunts, my distress about inviting them to my party, also the slight homicidal threat towards me by that mist thing over my aunts "casted-circle". Then I told him about my recent burning experiences, the one at home, and the office.

"Pastor Murry...I really don't know what to do. I'm so disoriented and so is my faith. I'venever believed in witches or humans with power neither floating homicidal-threatening-misty clouds. And then these burnings! They are truly and utterly driving me mad!! so I came here to see if you could help me understand this."

"Well, Alice, what you tell me is utterly bizarre in all kinds of ways."

"So, you don't believe me? You probably think I'm crazy now.

"No, No, on the contraire child. Even though I am a holy man, I do believe in all that you are telling me. Those aunts of yours did not feel like good people to me. But anyways let me show you something. This might help you or take you to a mental facility. So, do you want to go?"

"Oh gee, let me think? Do I have a choice?" So I followed Pastor Murry to the church's library. But the place where he took me in the library was closed and banned. We wend deep, very deep in the library. When we finally stopped, this side of the library was totally deserted, dusty, and abandoned.

"Pastor Murry, where are we? Are we even in the library anymore?"

"Alice I must confess that I hid something from you. Something that I believe now has put your life in danger." Pastor Murry's face was now pale white. And mines too. Pastor Murry has never lied to me. Ever. What could be so bad he couldn't tell me? And why is it threatening my life? Could it be or have any relation with the homicidal cloud at my aunts house? I've got too many questions already to add new ones.

"What are you talking about pastor Murry? You've hidden anything from me? Let alone something that now threatens my life? What's going on?

"Alice your aunts aren't who you think they are. Well for starters they aren't your real aunts. Then there's the other thing..."

"Woohoo!!! they're not my aunts! So I don't have to invite them to my wedding. Hold on that's good news, you said it put my life in danger." I was confused.

"You didn't let me finish. They are not you aunts. They are you Angels of Death. We the people of the church call them witches. We believed after you arrived that by living with them you'd become one too. Now with what you've confessed me, I see we were right after all.