chapter fourteen

HARRY

I felt weak at this point. I secretly hoped that what Missie oddly warned me about wasn't true. I don't know why, but I cared so much for her already and I realized that if I get out of here, I need her to come with me.

The heavy door opened with a loud groan. I lazily looked over and saw a girl being thrown in and the door shut quickly after. I picked my head up from against the wall at the same time as the girl picked herself off the floor. Her hair was a mess and her clothes were on the verge of falling apart.

She got up and whimpered and started to bang on the door. "Let me out!" Her voice was so familiar, I recognized it right away.

"Oh my god, Gemma?" I spoke slowly as I tried to sit up, using my elbows for support.

She turned around, shocked. "Harry." She ran towards me and fell to her knees and hugged me. I lightly flinched at the contact, but relaxed in her arms. "What are you doing here?" She asked through small sobs.

"I've been here. Why are you here?"

"I was sleeping over at Natalie and Louis' and then I heard screaming outside so I looked out the window and then the cop was on the ground then I went outside and then she was chasing me and before that he was about to shoot- oh my God, what if they're dead." She rambled on as she pulled away to look at me with a gasp, "What did they do to you?"

"I'm fine. I kind of need you to elaborate on that." I replied. "Who was chasing you?"

"Some girl, I don't know. She had dark hair, she was so fast..."

"Missie." My heart sank into my stomach. She was the only one it could be. She promised. But she ended up being the one to get her.

"What?"

"I'll explain later." I shook my head, "Who might be dead?" My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach to even think about one of my friends being killed.

"He had a gun, I don't know what he could've done with it. Louis was running towards him."

"Um," My voice was shaky. "Do you-" I started to ask but was cut off my the door opening again. Gemma moved back, frightened by the whole situation and I couldn't blame her. I held her hand as a comfort to both of us.

"What a family reunion." Aidan chuckled as he walked in with Derek right behind him with a smirk on his face. Derek walked towards us both and grabbed Gemma by the arm, harshly pulling her up.

He pulled out a gun, loading it and pressing it against her temple as she whimpered.

"Stop, please." I said as tears started to fill my eyes.

"Tell us what you know."

"I don't know anyth-" I said but was cut off but a small scream coming from my sister. He was hurting her and I couldn't stop him.

"Wrong answer."

"I told you that I don't know anything. If I knew, I wouldn't let my sister get hurt over it."

He sighed and pushed her to the ground and she scooted back to where I was. "He doesn't know."

"That doesn't mean she doesn't." Aidan said. He had been standing still the entire time.

"Know what?" Gemma asked in worry.

"Take her." He said. Derek walked back to us and grabbed her by the arm as she tried to get out of his grip and screamed.

I let my tears roll down my cheeks as I watched them take her out of the room.

Everyone I love was getting hurt. It all felt like a nightmare. Where you don't know the series of events that brought you to the situation you were in and you couldn't stop it unless you woke up. I couldn't wake up, this was not a nightmare.

Missie came in almost immediately, looking behind her as she closed the door.

"They took her." I said.

"I know." She muttered, looking down. "I'm sorry."

"Don't say that. You're the one that took her!" I yelled.

"I-" She stammered, but cut herself off.

"Why are you here?" I sighed.

She walked closer and sat down in front of me, "I have a plan. I'm getting you out of here." She whispered.

"I don't trust you." I looked away from her.

"I didn't do it willingly." She replied, "I have to do it, or I'll die. You have to trust me."

"You're the one who told me not to." I said, harshly.

"What?" She said, confused. "I never said that."

"Yesterday you came in here."

"I haven't been down here in days."

"Do I look stupid?" All I felt was anger boiling inside of me. I remembered what she said to me the other day, and how she betrayed me. "Just go. It would be better that way."

There was a short silence between us before she spoke again, "You're right." She said calmly. "I should be dead, my parents and Derek's life would be easier. But I can't. Because then who would do their dirty work?"

"That's not what I said." I said, looking into her teary eyes, slightly annoyed.

"I know you didn't. But, it doesn't mean I didn't take it that way." She bit her lip, bringing her hand to her cheek to wipe her tears.

"Please, just leave me alone." I said, sighing. I didn't want to see her right now, and I was just worrying about my sister.

She stood there, looking at me, slightly confused.

"Did you not hear me? Leave me the fuck alone!" I raised my voice which caused her to flinch.

She nodded, "Yeah. Sorry." She said, quickly leaving and shutting the door behind her.

I could hear screaming from outside the room I was being kept in, and I knew they were coming from Gemma.

I shut my eyes and began to cry. I never really let myself cry, but now I was being put into emotional pain, along with the physical.

I was stuck here, being beaten and tortured, I found out things I didn't want to know about my mother and father, my sister was taken, and my trust was broken.

I probably should've known not to trust someone I had just met, but after a couple weeks of being here, she was the only person who made me feel safe.

I hated to admit to myself, maybe Derek was right. Maybe if I let it go any longer, it would've been more than just a trust, and it would've hurt more.

But maybe Derek said that to me, so that the moment something went wrong I wouldn't trust her anymore.

Scenarios and theories played in my head, and I was more stressed and anxious than ever.

All I know is that I care for Missie. A lot. I guess that's why it hurts me so much and I feel so betrayed.

The more I thought about it, the more angry I got. I hated that my sister now has to deal with the same torture I do.