chapter thirteen

MISSIE

"Officer, officer!" I screamed as I ran over to a police officer leaning by his car.

"Yes, miss?" He replied as he stood up straight.

"I need help! I'm being chased! He tried to shoot me!" I frantically screamed.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Where is he?" He walked in front of me and looked down the dark direction I came from.

I took out the knife quickly, getting into position.

He started to turn around, "I don't see anything but-" I slashed his throat before he could stop me.

I sighed, regret filling me in the quiet silence as I put my ski mask on—a very cliché move on our part, but we weren't spending hours of our time with disguises. The silence was short lived when I heard a shriek followed by a call, "Louis!"

A young woman, standing at the path to the building. She looked oddly familiar. She turned around and started to run, stumbling over her own feet.

"Missie! Get her!" I hear Derek yell. Before I know it, I'm chasing down a girl and tackling her to the ground, trying to land so we both didn't get hurt, but unfortunately I landed on my knee which brought a tolerable amount of pain.

"Get off of me!" She screamed as she tried to regain strength to push me off.

"Natalie!" I hear a man call. Louis and Natalie. Fuck.

Before I could react I was being pushed off and pinned down by Louis. I tried everything I could to get him off of me, but I wasn't the strongest.

He grabbed my mask and pulled it off, pulling some of my loose hair with it and that's when I started kicking and trying to cover as much of my face with my hair.

"Who are you?" He yelled at me.

"Derek!" I called for his help but he was gone along with the body. I stopped struggling. It was over for me.

"Who. Are. You." He asked again. I hesitated before spatting on his face before he could do anything.

He groaned and took his hands off my wrists to use them to wipe his face. I took the opportunity to push him off of me, apologizing in my head.

"Missie!" I hear Derek say as he ran towards me.

"Where the hell were you?" I said. "We got caught. Those are Harry's friends, I thought we were getting his sister."

"The sister is staying with them for the night. She's upstairs." He said and looked back at the door, quietly groaning. "Well now she's not."

I turned and saw Gemma there in shock. Louis started to run towards us. "Get the sister, I'll take care of this." He instructed me as he took out his gun. I wanted to protest against him once I saw the gun, but I didn't want to get into trouble.

I ran away towards Gemma. Once she figured out what was happening she screamed and started running.

I was a fast runner and I caught up to her in no time, tackled her down, hitting my knee once more and put the cloth to her face. She fell unconscious, but I didn't know how to get her to the van. I ran back to where Derek was and saw him holding Louis's neck into his inner elbow and pointing a gun at Natalie.

"Derek!" I said getting between the distance of the gun and Natalie. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"You can't kill them."

"They know too much."

"You are not killing them." I said sternly.

"Who are you to tell me that?" He chuckled. "You have to listen to me."

"If you shoot, everyone will hear. We'd get arrested."

"If I shoot, it'll teach him a lesson." He said through gritted teeth.

"He doesn't know shit. He's been confused since we took him." I said, starting to get angry.

"Who?" Natalie said from behind me.

"I will tell them everything if you don't put the gun down." I was close to start to beg for their lives. I had to keep them safe. For Harry, of course.

He gave me a sarcastic chuckle, "Then, I'd have to kill you first." He pointed the gun towards me.

I looked down to the gun then back up at him. I knew he couldn't kill me. "I'm not scared of dying."

He opened his mouth to reply but got cut off by sirens wailing in the distance.

"We have to go." He said, shoving the gun into his pocket and grabbing my wrist.

He ran to the back and carried Gemma's body into our van quickly before he started it up and drive as fast as he could.

I had this familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach as he sped down the street. I never knew what it was, I should've been used to it since it's always there. It either grows or it's a subtle feeling.

I didn't know what it was or I guess I didn't want to know. But now I had realized this feeling was guilt.