chapter ten

HARRY

Everytime I think of what happened with Missie, I see Clara and it bothers me. I don't love Clara anymore. She was a bitch to everyone, and made us all feel terrible. She was the complete opposite of Missie.

The door's locks opened causing me to feel anxiety rising in my stomach. I look over across the room and see Derek standing there. I mentally prepare myself for what he was going to do. I felt like begging him to leave me alone, but it wasn't going to work. I could tell from the smirk on his face.

+

"Stop denying it!" He yelled at me, "You know where it is! I will not hesitate to kill you."

"Then kill me. I'll be of the same value to you dead. I don't know." I panted. He took a step back, studying my bloodied face.

"You really don't know, do you?"

"Wonder how you figured that out." I mumbled.

He turned to me, "You're telling the truth?"

"What is this about?" I say, trying to get some information out of him.

He hesitated before responding to me, "Let's just keep the unknown unknown."

"No," I confidently said, "You've been torturing me for weeks over this. It involves me, so I have the right to know."

"But you already know." He smirked.

"No, I don't."

"You're lying. Missie told you."

"She did not." I lied. Who knows what happens to her when she's in trouble.

"Hm, really?" He said, "I'm not convinced. I heard the whole thing. How she told you everything."

I stayed silent. I didn't know how to lie myself out of this one. I was stuck.

"I didn't think it would take you this long." He chuckled, "But then again, you did drop out of high school."

I sighed and opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He had caught me. He had caught us.

"We have mics all over the place." He said as if it was obvious. "She didn't tell you?"

"She knows?" I asked, quietly.

"It was her idea."

"You're lying."

"Am I?" He said. "I told you not to trust her. She plays with boys' hearts and gets them to trust her, and then she stabs you in the back. Sometimes literally."

"Aren't you dating her?" I asked, in a state of confusion. If he heard everything, he must know that I knew that.

He shrugged, "Think of it as...casual sex?" I stayed silent again as he walked away and left me in the room, satisfied with the damage he had done.

After that, I didn't see Missie in weeks.