Chapter Seventeen

Authors note: IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ!!!

Hey guys, I know it's been absolutely the longest time since I've updated and I've felt so bad so let me briefly explain myself:

1)  School has gotten so crazy and I'm trying to keep my grades up.

2) My health has been all over the place. I've been battling really bad colds and a concussion (which makes doing everything really hard and writing my story was out of the question).

3) I haven't fully excepted that my story is coming to an end. :( I know, I'm sorry!!!

With that being said, I have some GREAT NEWS!!! If you liked this book there will soon be a BOOK TWO!!! It's called Morgan's Girl and I can't tell you how excited I am to be working on it. It will come out as soon as I can get it in motion.

Now, without further ado, here is chapter 17 of Reid's girl!

~Carmen's POV~

I wake up early and tiptoe down the stairs quietly. The rain is still falling relentlessly and I hope that it will drown out some of the sound of what I'm about to do. As I reach the entry hall my breath catches in my throat.

There, standing magnificently in the entry hall is my grandmother's grand piano, refurnished and looking better than ever. It arrived some time between when I stormed out of the house and when Morgan came back with me, but Spence had started the project when we got married.

I sit on the piano bench and rest my fingers on the keys, taking a moment to enjoy the peace before I play.

My fingers find the right keys, and before I know which song I'm playing, the sound of Waterfall by Jon Schmidt rises to my ears and I smile. After my fingers play the last note I hear fast footsteps on the stairs.

"Carmen! Carmen!" Cries a disheveled Spencer. "That was beautiful!" I blush and stand up to meet him halfway, he kisses me fast and when he pulls back I frown.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asks to cheer me up and I remember something.

"Wait! I'll cook, it's kind of a special occasion anyway. I have a surprise." I confess and his eyes glisten.

~•~•~•~•~

As Spencer and I are clearing the dishes off the table I decide to spill the news. "So. I've decided that with all the cancer and military duty and crap that our relationship has already gone through, I've decided to do something crazy as kind of a 'celebrate life' thing." Spencer looks at me with curiosity and motions for me to explain. "Well... don't freak, okay?"

"Okay." He promises and I smile.

"I've decided to make a bucket list and just enjoy life more." Spencer smiles at me, but I can see the loving 'you're crazy' behind his eyes. Before I know it I'm laughing hysterically.

"Don't look at me like that! It's not like I'm going to do stupid things, just... Crazy things." I say seriously, and then burst into laughter again. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Spencer dissolves into laughter too.

"What's the first thing on your bucket list?" He asks and my grin gets wider.

"Well, I haven't really thought it all out, just some of the things, like I eventually want to start a family, and I definitely want to travel to all of the continents before I die, and..." I pause, taking a deep breath," I really want to come back to the BAU..." I say, trying to make it sound like I've just commented on the weather. It takes a second for him to respond.