Chapter Three

~Carmen's POV~

I wake up with my stomach in knots and horrible cramps. Great. Please not today! I think and drag myself out of bed.

I pull my phone off the nightstand and stumble to the kitchen. I put a rice pack in the microwave and dial Hotch's number, slumping down in a chair at the table. It rings twice and he picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hotch, I'm so sorry it's such short notice but I can't come into work today... Stomach flu." I lie, telling myself that's kinda what it is... Hurts in the same places at least.

"Fine." He says. "Be back in two days at the latest."

"Thanks Hotch. Your the best." I say and hang up, sighing. The microwave beeps and I take out the rice pack. I sit on the couch in a ball and turn in the TV. After and hour of that I turn it off and curl up in a tighter ball.

I have no idea what to do, I'm usually at the BAU right now, working on a new case...

That's when my stomach lurches with yet another cramp and I realize I forgot pain killer. With I a sigh I pull myself off the couch and walk to the kitchen again.

I take some pain killer and grab some ice cream from the freezer, at the last second pulling some pickles from the fridge. I dump them both in a bowl and head back to the living room.

~Spencer's POV~

I look around at the table as JJ presents the newest case. Where's Brooks? I think. After a second of thinking where she could be I push it to the back of my mind, trying to focus on JJ. Morgan gives me a glance and chuckles. I ignore him too.

~•~•~•~•~

In the plane Morgan sits down next to me. No doubt he'll tease me about something, but that's what friends are about. As if on cue he turns to me and raises an eyebrow.

"I got a certain picture sent to me last night. Wanna see?" He asks and I get suspicious...

"I don't know Morgan..." I say but he's already got his phone out.

I look at the screen and see Brooks and I on the couch at Hotch's house, asleep. Her head is on my chest and my arms are around her waist.

"Morgan..." I say, trying to take deep, calming breaths. "Where did you get this?"

"Is pretty boy embarrassed?" He asks and laughs.

"Hotch!" I call to his across the plane. He looks up from his file and sees my bright red face.

"What's wrong Reid?"

"Did you take a picture of us asleep last night when we were babysitting?!"

"Wait, wait, wait." JJ interjects. "Who's us?"

"Brooks and... I... Hotch, where's Brooks?"

"She called in sick today, why?"

"Oh... Nothing." I say and Morgan chuckles again. "Shut up, Morgan."

~Carmen's POV~

My phone dings with a text from Spencer.

Are you okay if I come over with soup after work?

When's after work? I text back and think of the many times I've come home from work late and just crashed on the couch, too tired to haul myself to bed.

I'll take off work early enough for dinner. 5:30 okay?

Sure... Thanks, Spencer, that's really sweet of you. I shoot back and smile.