18. You Are My Joy

Start from the beginning

"And that scares me even more!"

"How? They're only young, and definitely not old enough to be thinking about sex."

"Just so you know, when it comes to that time, you get to give her the sex talk."

"Me? Why me?"

"Well, it's simple. You get to give the talk to all of the girls, and when it comes to that time I'll talk to the boys."

"That is so not fair! I have four talks to give!"

"And I only have two. I think it's fair."

"Yeah, you would, wouldn't you?"

"Love you, Rosie," Cameron chuckled, kissing the top of my nose.

"Yeah, I know," I grinned. "I love you more."

Cameron and I were closer at the moment than we had ever been. I'm not sure how... I don't know how. But since I'd quit college to spend all of my time with the kids, especially Emily at the moment, Cameron and I got more time together.

It was almost like back when we first started dating, only we didn't have six kids then. Nor did we even consider having six kids back then. Our lives had changed so much in the last eleven and a half years, but always for the better. In dark times, we always found the light. And we've always been close.

"You know how hard it is looking at people who aren't happy in their marriages and such?" I said, cuddling up to Cameron. "I'd hate to be in a relationship where I wasn't happy."

"Same here," Cameron sighed.

"I hate saying this," I whispered. "But if I wasn't happy, I wouldn't stay here."

"Glad to know you're happy then," Cameron chuckled.

"I'm more than happy," I grinned. "I'm in the best relationship, the best marriage, and I have a loving family."

"Oh, bring on the weekend," Cameron giggled, rolling on top of me. I laughed, and then he rolled again so that I was laying on top of him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, frowning a little bit.

"Giving a hint?" he suggested.

"Oh, rightio then," I giggled, kissing him.

>>>>

Our morning routines had changed so much over the years... Now it was:

* 5am... Emily wakes for a feed
* 6am... Get Cameron up for work (Weekdays)
* 6.30am... Make Cameron's lunch for work. Make lunch for Becca and Addy (Mon-Fri), and Ethan, Zane and Lily (Tues, Wed, Thurs)
* 7am... Get kids up and make them breakfast. Emily usually sleeps for another hour
* 7.30am... Cameron leaves for work
* 8.00am... Get all kids dressed. Get Emily out of bed. Make Lily, Zane and Ethan's beds, plus our bed. The other girls make their own
* 8.30am... Get all kids into the car. Take Becca and Addy to school first, then drop the triplets off at preschool. On Mondays and Fridays, the triplets stay home with me

For the rest of the day, it depended. Usually I did grocery shopping on Tuesdays, taking Emily with me. She smiled a lot, and would lay there in the trolley capsule, just smiling at me or staring at the ceiling. Wednesdays I gardened, cooked, cleaned... whatever I wanted to. Thursdays I would usually do a massive cleanout of one of the kids' rooms.