The One I Thirst For... Chapter One:

I slipped through the basement door in the back parking lot and wearily made my way to my private room. Patrons were stumbling through, drunk and dazed, either from blood loss or alcohol. Could be both, most oftenly both. A female fell into me, I grabbed her and steadied her on her way. Finally I reached my door and heard an odd noise coming from inside. I sighed heavily, I was so not in the mood for this.

I opened the door to see my so-called-depends-on-my-mood friend fucking some drunk slut on my floor. This was the moment in time where my mood was not good, and I did not see him as a friend. He must have also been desperate because this bitch wasn't even pretty by any stretch of the imagination. If he was gonna fuck a bitch on my floor why not pick a hot one?

"Get. Out." I said darkly. They ceased their doings immediately upon hearing my voice.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Get off me!" He pushed her away and threw a robe over himself. I glared at them both. They just stood there for a moment.

"I said out!" I growled. They bolted past me, I slammed the door shut. "Sick fucks."

I took a breath, wrinkling my nose. It reeked of booze and sex... great. I grabbed my cologne and dumped it all over the floor, also turning on a fan. I sat down and tried to relax after many hours of vigorous hunting. The scene just displayed before me reminded me of my celibacy rule. The thought of intimacy made me sick. Of course, I've done it before. But once I was turned... 

"Don't go there Gabe... you'll only piss yourself off." I breathed quietly.

After reading a chapter or so of my latest novel infatuation, I decided it was late enough to take a nap. I checked the time, it read 10 AM. I yawned, yeah, I definitely needed a nap. I removed my black trenchcoat, shoes, and belt, and threw them aside. I climbed into the bed, which felt super comfortable and drifted off into a power nap.

*****

Blood.

The lust.

The pain.

Make it stop.

I savagely glanced around for the quickest thing to appease my hunger. No one was around, it was late, and I was practically screwed unless I broke in somewhere.

Then I heard footsteps.

"Gabriel! Hey baby!"

Oh no.

My girlfriend came running over to me. I turned too eager to see her, in more ways than one.

Dear God, please don't let me do this...

"Hello there my love." I whispered with a smile, a very dangerous smile. "What are you doing out here so late, all alone?" I glanced around, checking for civilization aside from us; there was none.

"Looking for you, silly! You're roomate said you'd left in a hurry a while ago, so I'd thought maybe something was wrong."

"That's all? No, no... Nothing is wrong my sweet." I pressed my lips against the tender flesh of her throat. An all too familiar burn rose into my throat. Her scent smothered me, I pulled her closer to me, burying my face in her hair. "You smell wonderful." I murmured smoothly.

"Awe! Thank you babe. It's all for you..." She trailed off.

Just a taste, maybe I could-

My fangs pierced her throat, she collapsed into my arms as her sweet, warm blood flowed into my mouth. I couldn't control myself, she was irresistable to me now. I could feel the life from her blood restoring my strength, my desire. Vaguely, I was aware of her life slipping away in my arms. Her grip at first tight, was slowly weakening to her entire body becoming limp.

Fuck... she's dying.

I can't stop... she's just too lovely to go to waste.

What have I done?...

I pulled away from her throat, it was clean and unpunctured... to human eyes. Only I could see the damage I had done. I stood, staring down at her cold, lifeless body. I walked away, unable to process what I'd just done.

*****

I awoke in sheer agony.

My mind was quite vivid; especially with memories. I sat up and rubbed my face, letting out a deep breath. I checked the time, it read 6 PM.

Well, that was a long ass power nap.

I threw on my overcoat, belt, and shoes, and headed out to the main lobby; where I'm sure people were already getting their booze on. I walked through a gray corridor that lead into a massive kitchen. The chef's kitchen.

"Hey Winters." The chef called from across the kitchen.

"Hey Arman... can you throw me together something?" I asked, checking my phone.

"Sure."

In no less then 5 minutes he put together a sandwich I couldn't describe. I looked at him.

"This is exactly why you're the cook here. I don't even know the name of that monstrosity."

"I call it the Embrosea-" I cut him off.

"Shut up. Just shut it. I'm afraid if I here what you're calling it, I'm not going to want it. Then you just might be wearing it."

Arman blinked. "Another one of those days?"

"Hell. Yes." I took a bite of the sandwich. "Hm, not bad." I continued mowing on the little bit of food I needed for survival.

The owner of the club stepped into the kitchen.

"Of fuckin' course." I muttered. If I had any good mood left in my whatsoever, it was really gone now.

"Gabriel Micheal Winters, what are you doing in my kitchen? You are aware only employees are permitted inside the kitchen? Safety precautions." Her nasally voice shot straight to my bone; more like nerve.

"No, I wasn't aware. But thank you for reminding me." I noted dryly. You skank. I forgot to add that last bit... Oh well.

"Very well, be on your way."

I grumbled a few things that would earn me a year or two in prison, grabbed my sandwich and walked out.

I didn't like her. She was bitchy.

The last time I saw her before this, I asked her how long it'd been since she'd gotten laid. In return I got silence. That answered my question. Obviously, not enough. I think she expects me to bow like the rest of these backwater vampires that stay here. Well... through Hell and high water, she's realized that getting me to obey was a pointless feat and just chose to stay out of my way. I gladly obliged. It was only unfortunate, accidental run-ins like those I took the liberty in pissing her off as much as I could. It was the most entertaining thing I could do here.

"Screw you!" I heard shouted across the room, I looked up from the ground and my sandwich. It seemed like eating right now was out of the question so I tossed it in the trash. There was a mild scuffle going on in the corner. Instead of interfering I just watched.

A male and female human couple were getting into a decent screaming match. I smiled, watching it unfold. It was like watching a soap opera.

"You worthless whore! You go screw these guys that work here just for free drinks!" The man screamed. The woman looked shocked.

Burn... he figured her out.

"You're such a liar! Where do you get this from?!" she shouted back. I rolled my eyes.

It's plainly obvious, stupid.

"Why- You slut!" Then he swung and his fist collided with her eye, knocking her backwards...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there, how was this for this first chapter? I hope good! :) It's 4 AM... >.< And I'm tired so I'm finished with this... Tell me what you think:D Vote/Comment/Fan!

Song Of The Moment:

Hit The Floor By Bullet For My Valentine

<3 Play it during the reading of Gabriel's nightmare, it fits perfectly! <3 Peace! ...