Chapter 27 - Troubles in paradise

Start from the beginning

Emma tried not laugh at Rapunzel's attack at the ice cream. It was ended in a few minutes.
" You'll get a bellyache." she said to the warrior, who shrugged.
" Been through worse."
A sudden rumor made Emma look at the entrance of the diner. It took her a second to recognize Sean's father and the District Attorney entering the diner. A few people were standing outside Granny's. The two men stopped three steps after the door.
Regina stood up, imitated by Rapunzel, and the silence fell in the diner.
" George." Regina tightly said, assuming her mayoral, mh, regal posture. Things weren't turning good for George, aka Albert Spencer, aka her... grandfather? Emma hadn't realized it until that moment. If the book was right, that turd head was her grandpa. Troubled family, didn't Regina just say it?
" Regina." he quietly answered. " I'm happy to see that you all are alive after the battle."
" Surely not because of your help." the former Mayor answered, clenching her jaws.
George gave a smirk. " We're here only to thank you. I'm more than sure that without your guide we would have lost the battle."
Regina quietly snickered. " There's no "we", George, but the one concerning you and your brave friend."
George made a visible effort not to yell something surely insulting. His face reddened, his nostrils dilated while he clenched his fist next to his hips, but the he took a couple of breaths and returned nearly calm, trying a smirk even.
" I'm still a King, Regina, you owe me respect..."
Regina snorted. " A King that leaves his people in the claws of the three most dangerous werewolves of all times, a King that sends his son in battle alone, a King that hides himself in his pathetic house while his people fight for their lives, guided by another ruler... Well, my dear, I'm sorry to inform you that such a King wears a crown made of rope, and soon that rope will drop and fasten around his neck."
" He's my son no more." the man growled, gritting his teeth. " He's just a monster now."
Regina frowned. " Are you telling me that you renounce to give him your inheritance?" she asked, slightly tilting her head to the right.
" This is none of your concern!"
" Oh, it is, actually. You see, Snow White is my foster-daughter..."
" You banished her!"
Regina shrugged, smirking. " I retire the banishment and the offer of a reward."
" You can't do it!"
" I can." the brunette steadily said, serious now. " I am the Queen, and this is my kingdom."
" We'll see about that." George said with a sneer. Emma sighed, already looking at Rapunzel. She knew what would have happened. The warrior moved indeed, placing herself in front of the man, making him step back. Her hand was carelessly leaning on her sword.
" Would you please repeat, man?" she asked, a dark light in her eyes. Emma swallowed, grabbed Henry and moved him behind her.
" Momma..."
" It's all right kid. Just taking some precautions."
" No." he insisted pulling her jacket to catch her attention. Emma looked at him. " You can stop this. You're a princess, and the Savior. They'll listen to you."
Emma frowned, skeptically glancing at her grandfather.
" I don't know, kid. According to your book, he's an ass."
Henry shrugged. " You could try."
Emma sighed, turning to look at King George. He was facing Rapunzel. Jerk. Emma really didn't want Henry to witness a murder. She gathered her courage and stepped forward.
" Heard we're related." she began, catching his attention. She forced herself to smile at him, who gave a growling sigh. Rapunzel just gave her an annoyed glance.
" We'd better be. I mean, for you. Being the Savior's grandfather should be a good thing, don't you think?"
George had to nod once. " It should, if the so called Savior wasn't so weak."
Emma swallowed back her anger. " Well, I fought, at least."
George gritted his teeth." I wouldn't risk my life for a handful of peasants!"
" Enough." Rapunzel growled, unsheathing her sword. Emma stopped her by grabbing her arm.
" No!"
" Hey, no killings in my diner!" Granny shouted from behind the counter.
" No killings anywhere!" Emma said glaring at George. " Or I'll arrest you."
" Me?! She was about to kill me and you arrest me?"
Emma shrugged. " You bugged her. And you gave Regina a death-threat. It's enough to press charge."
George huffed form his nose, slightly resembling to a dragon. His face was so red that he could be breathing fire, after all.
" Your office it's a lie! All of this is a lie! You're just a princess, you can't give me orders! I am the King!"
Emma sighed. That jerk was really beginning to get on her nerves. " Just a princess? King? There's no kingdom here! We're in Storybrooke, and even if we weren't, I suppose that this is Regina's territory, and so my mother's, not yours. You have no right here, seen that you have just renounced to be related with us. Now get your ass out of here or so help me I'll kick you out that door myself!"
George was about to explode, Emma was sure. " We'll meet again, Savior..." he said in a whisper, leaning forward, his eyes burning with hate. " Maybe in my kingdom, and maybe I'll have my sword in my hand, and then we'll see who's the real ruler of this people."
Emma glared at him. " Who the people want." she said, disgusted. She might have born in Fairy Tale Land, she might be the Savior, and a Princess, but she fucking hated that way of thinking.
He smirked. " We'll see about that." he said before glaring at Regina and turning to leave.
" Let me kill him." Emma heard Rapunzel whisper in Regina's ear while George and Mitchell were about to exit the diner.
" Don't worry, dear. " Regina answered. Emma turned to look at her, finding out that the brunette was staring at her with an amused smile on her face, and hidden admiration in her eyes. The door shut behind Emma. " He's already digging his own grave."