Chapter 30: Betrayal

"Sandra! 5 minutes!", one of the guards shouts from downstairs making the poor girl run around even faster.

"Where the hell is my lipstick?", she groans frustrated while passing a frowning Cecilia. She immediately reaches towards Sandras bed, spotting the object she was so franatically searching for.

"Here.", she says and hands it to the reliefstricken woman who immediately puts it on. "Rodriguez would kill me if i didnt look my best.", Sandra sighs, straightening the coat she had put over her "working clothes","Ill be back in no time, sweets, yeah?"

Cecilia just nods shooting her a smile, before Sandra rushes out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later

"Hi. The names Winchester. Im supposed to be here for the girl.", Liam says cooly after a woman opens the door to the pimps house. She eyes him carefully before stepping aside, letting him in. He brushes past her into the living room to be greeted by two people already waiting for him. The first, the pimp Rodriguez, who opens his arms and grins at him widely. "Markus Winchester!", he laughs,"welcome to my home."

"Thanks. This must be Sandra then...", Liam states as his gaze falls onto the woman next to Rodriguez. She shifts uncomfortably under his look and starts fiddeling with her fingers.

"Oh yes, indeed. Sandra, querido, twirl a little for our costumer so he can see you better.", Rodriguez belows. The woman flinches and then twirls on her heel. Liams eyes follow her every move.....what could he do...she was quiet beautiful. Rodriguez follows Markus' every move smirking to himself at the sheer thought of the two grands he was going to get for that girl.
Realizing what Markus was doing, he quickly recomposes himself, clearing his throat and looking back at Rodriguez.
"You're welcome to use one of the rooms above.", the woman from before now says," Sandra love, show our guest to your room, will you?"

The girl immediately starts walking not even looking back to check if Markus was following, while he took that as his cue to go upstairs, following the silent girl into one of the rooms on the east side of the house. As soon as the door falls shut, Markus looks the door behind him and leans forward to hear if anybody was listening in. When he contently realizes no one was he turns around to find the girl, Sandra, slowly undoing her coat under which, he realized, she had nothing but underwear.

He quickly strides up to her, taking her hands in his, and stopping her from undressing herself. He leans in slowly looking into the girls fearful eyes. He could see that she wanted to jerk away from him as far as possible.
"Listen, you dont have do be afraid of me im here to help you...", Liam whispers barely even audible for her, her eyes widen in shock and she seemed paralized,"i need you to do as i say now, and be quiet because they might be listening in, got it?"
It takes a few moments until Sandra is able to understand what the man just said, but when she did she nodded slowly.
"Good. I need you to tell me if you know this girl.", Liam mutters, taking out a picture with two people. A rather old man and a darkhaired girl, both smiling into the camera happily. Sandra felt as if all the air had left her lungs. She never saw this man on the picture but the girl....the girl looked like Cecilia! She couldnt stop herself from nodding frantically, seeing the man visibly relax and let out a sigh of relief. "I-i...shes my roommate.", Sandra stutters.
"Is she alright? Is she hurt? Did that bastard do something to her?", Liam hisses, she could see that he could barely contain his excitement which made her smile. This man did really care for her.
"Shes alright. As much as we all are in this situation.", Sandra answers cryptically making Liam frown.
Its quite for a few moments while Liam racks his brain about what to do next, and when he finally had a plan, he immediatelly pulled Sandra with him towards the door again.
"Im going to get you out of here now, okay?", Liam mutters again while taking out his gun clicking the safety of.
"What? No, no you cant not right now!", Sandra panics making Liam frown for the hundredth time.
He turns back around to see that she wasnt following , instead she was starring at his gun with a horrified expression and shaking hands.
"We have no time for this, come!", Liam hisses grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the door.
"I cant leave her alone.", she retorts, and he already knew who she was hinting at,"she wont be able to handle this on her own."
In that moment it seemed as if time was standing still for him. He found himself between two paths , and he didnt know which one to take.
Either, he would bust through that door, with the only girl who knew where Cecilia was right behind him, or he went back alone which guaranteed him that she would be with someone to at least share her suffering. Because thats what Liam knew for sure...that Cecilia was suffering and that he should find her as soon as possible.
"You are not staying behind.", he says more determined now, praying that he hadnt made the wrong decision.
With that he readied his gun and pulled Sandra with him as he stepped through the now kicked open door and made his way downstairs. The woman from before frantically tried stopping him, but he quickly buried a bullet in her head which lead to her slumping to the side and falling lifelessly over the railing of the stairs. Sandra shrieks and holds onto Liams arm for dear life. Who the hell was that guy and what had poor Cecilia gotten herself into?
"Come on.", he urges as they practically fly down the stairs and towards the front door.
But of course something had to get in their way. In this case Rodriguez was standing infront of the opened door with a shotgun in his hand and a furious glint in his eyes as he stepped inside.
"Put your gun down.", he orders, and Sandra looks to Liam who hadn't wavered a bit and was staring back murderously. Was he already used to situations like this?
Suddenly a shot was fired and Rodriguez yelled out letting the shotgun fall out of his now injured hand.
"Go! Run! The black range rover! Get in there and lock the doors!", Liam yells back at Sandra but she couldnt move so he shouted again,"Go! Sandra now!!"
And soon after that Rodriguez launched himself at Liam and Sandra was running in her high heels, faster than she had ever run before.
A laugh of joy escaped her lips when she slid into the car that was parked not 50 feet infront of the house and closed her eyes. A moment passed in which she hadnt thought about Cecilia or the struggle going on outside and in which she finally felt free.
She was free.

Meanwhile Liam growls some not so nice words as Rodriguez punches him into the face. With all his might the killer flips the two around and takes a moment to check if his gun was still working, before putting it to Rodriguez forehead. Once realizing that the pimp was about to die, he stops struggling and looks up at Collins with a fearful glint. 'Funny how everyone facing death turns into a whiny bitch however strong they may be', Liam thought to himself smirking.
"P-please...i", Rodriguez starts reasoning but is quickly cut of by a gunshot and the bullet flying through his head.
"What a pussy.", Liam chuckles to himself while wiping away the trail of blood that was dripping out of his nose, and putting his gun away.
He then gets up and and, with one last look, he starts walking towards his car, where he already spotted Sandra sitting inside. Once inside the car, Liam starts driving and pulls out his phone calling Rushmore.
"Collins. I've been wondering where you went.", the businessman states.
"Yeah, i got us a lead.", Liam replies coldly, rushing through the streets.

----------------------------------

Today was a very quiet day. One, because Sandra was out all day, leaving Cecilia all by herself. And two, because she had nothing to do in this small space the two girls were sleeping in.
She sighs while watching herself in the mirror.
At least she knew that it wouldnt be long until Sandra would be back.
Cecilia smiles making her refection do the same as she starts combing her messy hair.
Not moments after, Arkando barges through the door, startling Cecilia.
He gives her no chance to even ask what was wrong , before he grips her neck painfully cutting of her air supply.
"Where?", he asks, his voice calm but you could feel that he was seething inside," Where is she?!"
Cecilia gasps, trying to pry his fingers off of her neck.
"W-who?", she chokes out.
"You know damn well who. How did you help Sandra escape?!", he roars his grip on her neck only getting tighter, which brought her to tears of pain.
"I-i don- kn-",she chokes but doesnt finish before her head is slammed into the mirror before her, leaving a trail of blood and a big crack in it.
"Dont lie to me you whore!"
He lets go of her making her whimper and sink to her knees rubbing her aching neck. At this point she didnt even feel the wound on her head. She was just too afraid.
"As soon as Moriarty hears this, you're gonna wish you'd never even helped that bitch.", Arkando growls next to her ear, making her shiver, before he stomps out of her room closing the door behind him with a bang.
She flinches at the noise and soon after she passes out, thankful for the darkness that swallowed her.