Chapter 2: Conflict and Imagination

"Son, you should keep the money to yourself. Im old and I'll be gone soon. Why spend the money on me?", Pablo asks as he and Liam watch a few workers loading some new paint off their truck.
Liam chuckles lowly. "Because i want to. You pulled me out of so much shit, it's just common sense to renovate your house as a small thanks. Also, i have enough money. This wont hurt my wallet one bit.", he explains, patting the old mans shoulder and turning towards his car, they've been leaning on this whole morning.
"You're different today...", Pablo states, looking at Liam suspiciously. Liam frowns turning towards Pablo again and crossing his arms infront of his chest.
"Oh really?", he asks,"what makes you think such a thing?"
Pablo stays silent for quiet a while, just starring at Liam. Liam sighs and opens the door of his car, getting inside of it. He starts the engine and lets down one window.
"Who is she?", Pablo suddenly blurts out, eying Liam closely, while he puts on his sunglasses.
"I dont know what you mean, old man.", Liam states calmly but with a hint of nervousness in his tone. Pablo always knew what was going on.
But Liam couldn't possibly tell him. He couldnt tell him about that girl.
That she's been haunting his every waking hour since he first saw her. That, eventhough they hadnt even spoken to each other properly, she had manged to leave a lasting impression on him.
He couldn't tell him, that he wondered how on earth she managed to stab Dubkins into his ribs.
He couldn't possibly tell Pablo any of this. Because it would mean that he was truly changing, because of a girl he barely even knew.
"Liam..", Pablo warns,"whomever you're thinking about. Get her out of your mind! She's going to distract you. This wont end well. What have i told you? All chickas are-", he starts.
"- the same. Just after your money and out to suck out your soul.", Liam finishes, a tad annoyed.
"Exactly. So whoever it is, get her out of your head. Fuck a bunch of models or get drunk. Its better than losing your damn soul. Trust me, kid.", Pablo laughs.
Liam smiles and shakes his head at the old man. He sure was a player, even for his age.
"I'll see you around Old timer!", Liam says before driving off.

--------------------------------

Cecilia's fingers fly across the piano producing an almost angelic melody in the process. She had her eyes closed, trying her hardest to just concentrate on the task ahead but her mind couldnt help but wander back to the events two weeks ago.
She was sure that there was another man there. He saved her life. But nobody else had seen anyone which made it even harder to find proof that this man wasnt just another trick her mind played on her.
But those hands felt so real...
Suddenly she stops playing which causes the melody to stop with a tone off key.
She sighs, rubbing her face tiredly.
He father didnt even acknowledge the events that took place. It was as if he was in his own little world. But to her, it wasnt anything new. She spent more than half of her life alone, she kinda got used to it.
Music had always helped her, which is why she was currently playing. She was trying to forget. She was hoping that every note she played would take away a piece of her worries and fly out of the window and never come back.
But somehow, even music hadnt helped her.
She raises from her chair, and makes her way to the entrance door slowly.
"Miss? May i ask where you are headed to?", one of the maids asks her.
"Im just going to the garden. I need some fresh air, i havent been feeling well lately.", Cecilia answers tiredly, her voice still hoarse from when the intruder had tried to choke her.
She puts a hand on the railing and slowly goes down the stairs, breathing in the distant scent of grass and flowers.
It felt like an eternity had passed since she last set a foot into their own garden. But, she never felt like going out, she couldnt see much off it anyway.
She counted the 30 steps which would lead her to a small table and a few chairs, in the middle of the garden. She rembered the small blanket she had put there a month ago, for when the air would turn cold.
She stretches her hand, feeling for one of the chairs, until cold metal touches her fingertips. She smiles, proud that she was able to find it and sits down, feeling her way across the table until she findes the blanket. She brushes off a few leaves that lay ontop of it putting the blanket over her shoulders.

-------------------------

Liam was currently sitting in a pub drinking his 5th scotch. His Superior has been calling about a hundred times, probably had some new jobs on display. But Liam could commit to that right now.
He was busy repeating the same sentence over and over again, just to keep himself from going back to that mansion just to see that girl again.

Trust no one...

She was a ravishing beauty, there was no denying that. That was probably why he kept thinking about her. Or was it the way she spoke? Or just because she had asked him the simpelest of questions instead of
Who are you?
Or
Are you going to kill me, too?

She simply asked for his name.
And he, like the idiot he thought he was, refused to tell her. Because of his damn job. Because of his damn profession. Because of his damn habits.

Chickas are all the same. They just want your money, out to suck out your soul.

Trust no one.

Its better to be cold and distant and strong, than warm, forthcoming and ending up with a knife in the back.

But she seems like a nice person, he thought to himself.
He needed some nice in his life. Some change.
He wanted to talk to that girl so badly, but his mind forbid him to do so.
So he kept downing scotch glass after scotch glass until he passed out.
He was okay with that, though. Everything just to not get in the car and drive over to that godforsaken mansion.

Since when did he, the Phantom, a professional killer, had his mind occupied by a simple girl, when he could get any chick he wanted?