7

Chapter 7

I sighed at the amount of homework I had piled up. Did the school think we had no life outside of it?

As I put my AP calcus books into my locker, my phone beeped, telling me I had a message.

I love Tyler : don't even deny it, you know you're in love with me, if not, why is my contact name that you love me ;)?

And that is Tyler the self conceited jerk to you.

I rolled my eyes at the realization that his best friend Alex probably gave him my phone number.

Alex Reid, Tyler's best friend and also a fellow team member . Alex and I were also good friends and I was actually pretty surprised Tyler didn't talk him out of it. Not that I wanted him to.

I replied to his stupid message with a 'real mature, Martins.'

And instantly,

Tyler the sexy king : whatever, don't you want to know where I got your number from? Oh and principal Winston just called us to his office so be here immediately.

Me: Aight Martins, I'll be there. Also, was it Alex?

Tyler the sexy king: saw u, now get into the principals office. And yes, it was.

I knew it!

____

"Have a seat. As I have heard, the two of you have finally stopped fighting and coped up with each other?"

"Yes sir"

"Good. So I've decided that as the two of you are good students, neighbours and as I have heard,  together, you both will do all the upcoming project work and the other pair things together. Also, Tyler needs some tutoring in math because if he doesn't get to at least a B by the upcoming exams, he will be suspended from the soccer team. And so Gabriella, you are to tutor him. Is that clear?"

Our smiles vanished and were replaced by frowns instantly, although Tyler's frown turned into a smirk before I could blink.

"What? Principal Winston, you want me to tutor Tyler at math?! Please sir, I'll do anything but that"

"No Gabriella, it's only convenient and logical that you tutor him"

"But sir-"

"That will be enough. You both are dismissed. And Gabriella, if his math grades don't go up, or you both don't do teamwork on projects, it can effect your grades tremendously".

We leave the office and I turn to Tyler and hiss at him "You suck at math. If you dare give me a hard time while tutoring, I will have you know that I will kill you. This depends on my career, and trust me, you don't want to ruin this for me".

He rolls his eyes and starts to walk away when I grab his shoulder and turn him to face me ,"do you get that?"

"Woah! Calm down. Fine fine". He puts his hands up in mock surrender and then runs off.

************

Just as I was preparing to leave the school, an envelope was handed to me, and to everyone else I could see.

Curious, I opened it.

Dear student of Addison High,

As you may like to know, your previous test and project results have come, and 90% of the school has passed with flying colors. Though your last and main exam is in two months, we decided, as a treat for all of you, that we'd be giving you all a surprise that may interest you.

The school has decided to take you on a trip to the newly opened amusement Park. The details are in the form present in the envelope. That is to be signed by your guardian and the preferences filled in.

We hope this was a satisfying reward for your hard work this year.

Sincerely,
Principal Winston.

You have got to be kidding me. I could not  believe our school was doing something even remotely fun. If this turned out to be some kind of joke I would strangle the culprit.

I took out the form inside the envelope, as mentioned, and went through it. The principal had signed on both documents and I mean, I was going to believe it was authentic.

It was all so exciting. I couldn't wait.

Suddenly all around me there were whoops and cheers. I mean it was news! I was not lying when I said it was the first time our school did something amazing and fun. Not to toot my own horn, but the only interesting thing that ever happened in our school were Tyler and my fights.

And speaking of Tyler, he was nowhere to be seen. Shouldn't he be wanting to take me home or something? Hmph guess I'll have to walk with this heavy bag.

********