Chpt. 9

A/N: Here's another chapter. Enjoy! As you may be able to tell, I'm pretty tired,but the the show...er, book must go on!

~*~*~---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~*~*~

      New day, same me, vampire boyfriend. I just love it when my life gets completely whacked out of reality.

      I got ready for school and began to walk out to my car when a red car drove into our driveway. I knew for a fact that this wasn't a visitor to my mother's hair salon (which worked out of the bottom floor of my three story house), because it had a separate parking lot. The window dropped down and I was greeted by familiar, sexy green eyes.

      "Good morning," Chase said, smiling, "Can I give you a ride?" I smiled back, "Of course." I stepped back as the door swung outward, comfy leather seats enticing me to get into his car. The door closed, and he pulled away, headed towards the school.

      He parked his car and opened my door. I just happened to notice the enraged look on Crystal's face from across the lot. I was about to walk away, because I hated being late, but Chase stopped me. He put a hand in front of me, laying it on the car window. "Can I kiss you now, without faintage this time?" I laughed, remembering the dreadful fool I must have made of myself. "Yes, Chase. You can kiss me."

      Chase leaned forward slowly, still obviously worried I was going to pass out. I sighed and circled his neck with my arms, yanking his face down to me.

      "Kiss me you idiot."

      He pressed his lips to mine sweetly, but it was doing crazy things to my nerves. I could feel my cheeks heating up to about a million degrees and my mind was picking up his thoughts much more easily than any another point in time (I'd been practicing all night, but it had been all wierd, random things. I'd assumed he'd been dreaming.). He pulled away gently, his cheeks flushed as well. "Uh, we should probably...get to class." He sounded breathless. "Yeah,that'd be a good idea."

      We both walked away, slightly dazed. The kiss itself had been nice, but feeling Chase's true emotions at that moment had been even better. I'd felt all the passion he'd been holding back. One, because we'd been on school grounds, and two, because he could easily kill me if he got careless. I already knew that. The one thing that worried me had been a small bit of information he'd been holding back. Sadness, fear, and anger all emanated from that point in his mind, but I hadn't had access to it. It was immensley frustrating.

      I went to my locker and grabbed my bag for first period and gym. I can barely even concentrate on what I'm bringing to class, how am I supposed to pay attention in math?

--

      Toby was walking down the street, headed swiftly for school. He'd slept in after all the exitement of the previous day.

       A tall man has moving down the sidewalk as well. As their paths crossed, thier arms crashed into one another. "Hey, kid watch where you're going next time!"

      "You walked into me!" Toby replied haughtily. The man looked up, his face had been previously hidden by a baseball cap, but now Toby could see the fangs that stuck out of his mouth.

      "If you knew who I was, you stupid human boy, you would shut up. I am the son of the Vampire Salemite." Toby froze, this was no man. If he looked back at the tall vampire, he noticed that he looked more like a nineteen year old. Abnormally tall, wasn't that something he was supposed to look for? He needed to get to Chase.

      "You're a crazy psycho, man!" Toby screamed as he made his way to the school. As he entered the parking lot he saw Chase going inside. Toby ran after him and grabbed his arm. "Chase!"