Chpt. 2

Five Days Later

      "Ariana, I'm so sorry!"

      "Thanks, Natasha."

      Oh my god, if one more person tells me how sorry they are I'm going to kill them.

       I walked quickly down the hall, rolling my eyes. Yes, I was sad, but I'd mourned Shane for four days. I'd cried myself dry, but now I was back to school and I had to get a package of printer paper for my teacher.

       I entered the main office and asked the secretary sitting there for my paper. As she rummaged through the supply closet, a boy with dark gold hair and vibrant green eyes entered. He was dressed in a black cotton t-shirt with matching jeans and sneakers. He paused when he saw me and smiled, I shifted my curly blonde hair out of my face and smiled back.

     "Hi," he said, holding out his hand, "I'm Chase."

     I nodded and shook his hand. "Ariana, but my friends call me Ari."

      Chase blinked, "Ariana? As in Ariana Kent?" Ah crap, here it comes. " I've read your articles in the school newspaper, very insightful." Huh? I mean, yay! I don't have to kill this poor boy.

     " Thanks," I muttered, turning to get my paper.

      " Maybe I'll see you in class?" He asked hesitantly, looking at his feet. I patted his shoulder.

     "Why don't you sit with me and my friends at lunch? I'll help you fit in." A small smile turned up the corners of his mouth, causing my eyes to widen at the most gorgeous smile I'd ever seen. "Bye," I said hastily, knowing my cheeks were bright red. 

---    

    "Thank you Ms. Kent," My teacher, Mrs. Evel, said, yanking the paper out of my grasp painfully.

      Yes, I'm serious. Her name is one "i" short of evil. The same went for her personality.

      As I sat next to my friend Charlotte I heard Mrs. Evel stand and say, "Okay class, this is Chase Mahor, a new student from..."

     "New Jersey," Chase's voice finished for her graciously. I looked up and grinned, taking my books off the empty desk beside me.

      Chase swept over to me with a suprisingly graceful gait, like that of someone athletic enough to know where there feet were at all times...Unlike me. I personally hold the "World's Most Clumsy Inhabitant Award" Charlotte bought me a baby trophy with that engraved on it for my sixteenth birthday three months ago. I love how well my friend gets me.

      A piece of paper slid onto my desk:

     Can you spell HOT?!?! -C

      I rolled my eyes, Charlotte could flirt and win over an angry bull.

     I quickly wrote back:

     Trust me, he's too thoughtful to be your type.

     Charlotte frowned as she read my note, then smirked and shrugged. She mouthed:

    You know you're right.

      "Miss Arte, what is the answer to this equation?" Charlotte froze and answered the question. We didn't talk for the rest of the day.

~*~*~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~*~*~

Please comment, I know you're reading.....maybe :(