The Community Service of the Convicted Vampire

• Dedicated to My Baby Sistah

-Prologue-

     "Bye Shane, I had alot of fun. I'll see you at school" Ariana Kent called to seventeen year old Shane Thomas.

      He smiled to himself, pulling his car out of her driveway and began his long ride home.

      As he drove down a little-used road that served as a shortcut, Shane noticed a small shape lying on the side of the road. A dark pool had begun to spread around it.

      Shane stopped abruptly and hopped out of his car. The figure was a small boy, about nine years old. Shane hesistantly checked for a pulse, and, finding none, cursed loudly. Who had done this to him? Why hadn't they helped?

      Shane fell to his knees and began to lift the little boy, and cried out when a sharp set of nails bit into his skin. The child was dropped to the ground as Shane was pulled around to face his attacker. A boy with shining blonde hair had his shoulder in a clawed grip, sinister fangs peeking out from his mouth.

      As Shane stared at the demon before him, a sharper pain bit into his forearm. Turning his head, Shane saw that the "dead" nine year old had little fangs clamped onto his arm. Heart racing, Shane felt the other vampire take his chin in his hand, nails scraping sgainst his throat. He had time to close his eyes before life left him.