Chapter 19 - Big Sister Coming Through!

Start from the beginning

"Oh crap," Jen whispered, pulling back her hand and wiping her eyes. "Look at the two of us, standing out here in the hallway, welling up like a pair of over-emotional tools."

I laughed and shook my head, stepping back in to my room. "I know, but hey, it's what best friends do right? You better go open the door, he's probably wondering where I am. Tell him I'll be five minutes."

"Sure thing," Jen smiled, sticking her thumbs up at me before disappearing in to the living room.

Shutting my bedroom door, I stared at the dress laying on my bed. "Well, here goes nothing...." I mumbled to myself nervously.

.......................................................................

Noah POV:

I knocked on the door for what felt like the hundreth time and I was starting to wonder if anyone was even in the apartment. Just as I reached for my phone in my jacket pocket, Jen swung the door open, an apologetic look on her face.

"Sorry about that, we were kind of having some issues," she said, stepping back to let me in the apartment.

"Issues?" I questioned, looking around for Lily.

"Uh, yeah it's Lily."

"What?" I almost shouted, spinning around to face her. "Where is she? Is she ok?"

"Noah, relax would ya?" Jen laughed, collapsing on to the sofa. "She was just feeling a little nervous and she couldn't decide what to wear."

"But Lily doesn't care what she wears. That's one of the things I lo-" I faltered, realizing I had almost said it out loud. "That's one of the things I like about her."

Risking a glance at Jen, I could see her grinning at me, a knowing look in her eyes. But to my relief, she didn't mention the slip up. Pacing back and forth, I kept my eyes on the hallway, waiting for Lily to appear. After a couple of minutes, she still hadn't come out of her room and I was tempted to go and knock on the door. But as I glanced at my watch, her bedroom door opened and I looked up. And what I saw almost took my breath away.

Lily was wearing a pale yellow sundress, that fell just below her knees. Her long blonde hair was swept to the side, falling over her left shoulder. As my eyes greedily raked over every inch of her, I couldn't help but smile when my eyes reached the floor. She was wearing her tatty old converses, just like she always did.

"Hey gorgeous," I whispered as she walked towards me, a nervous smile on her face. "You look beautful."

"Thanks, " she muttered, shooting a grateful glance over to Jen, who was watching us with amusement. "I just wanted to look half decent when I meet them."

"Well mission accomplished," I joked, grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her towards me.

As she fell in to my arms, I leant down and pressed my lips against hers. She tasted of strawberries, and I realized she was wearing a little lip gloss. I liked it.  Pulling away, I threaded my fingers through her hair and stared down at her. "You ready?"

She nodded slightly and stepped back, taking hold of my hand and entwining her fingers with mine. "Lets go. Jen, I'll see you later. Thankyou for, well, thankyou for everything."

"Your welcome," she smiled, waving as we walked towards the door. "Bye Noah, have fun."

"Oh I will!" I laughed, squeezing Lily's hand. "See you around."

Closing the door behind us, I turned my head to make sure the hallway was empty. It was. And I couldn't help myself, stepping in front of Lily, I stopped and looked down at her.