Chapter 13: Stargazing

Hiccup's POV
"Good morning, my lovely wife." I yawned as I wrapped my arms tighter around Astrid's shoulders.

She shook her head slightly as she let out a chuckle. "I don't think I'll ever get used to being called that."

I chuckled as well before I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

She shrugged, eyes closed as she spoke. "Better than I had expected to be honest, turns out we got all worked up over something that wasn't so bad after all."

"Wasn't so bad? Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?" I snorted as I gave her arm a light squeeze.

She rolled her eyes as another chuckle escaped her. "You know what I meant, you knucklehead."

"Do I, now?" I teased.

Astrid wriggled out of my grasp only to place herself atop my lower abdomen, in turn straddling me as a playful smirk tugged at the corner of her lips. She leaned down towards me until our noses almost touched. I gulped.

"Yes, you do" Her smirk turned into a grin as she pressed a quick kiss to my lips, only to jump out of bed right after.

"What are you doing? Come back!" I complained as she was busy getting dressed. She turned to me with the same smirk from earlier as she simply waltzed past me and strode down the stairs.

I let my head fall back into my pillow as I let out an audible groan.

***

I laced my fingers with Astrid's as we strolled through the woods that surrounded our little hut, our dragons running far ahead of us as they slinked their way past all kinds of hinders from large rocks to tiny saplings.

I blissfully smiled down at Astrid. I couldn't remember a time I had been as happy as I was right in that moment, alone with my wife as our dragons joyfully chased each other around the woods.

Astrid furrowed her brows as she noticed me staring. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking at my wife, is there anything wrong with that?" I raised a brow at her as another smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

She snorted as she rolled her eyes. "You are one strange creature, Hiccup Haddock."

"No, I'm your strange creature." I grinned at her, earning yet another roll of her eyes as she let out a chuckle.

As the trees slowly became fewer and fewer, we eventually reached a beautiful cliff, which overlooked the ocean and the sun that was beginning to set. I exchanged a look with Astrid as we both made a silent agreement to sit down there. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders as we let our feet dangle off the edge.

"You know what? I really like this. I really like exploring the world with my wife." A soft smile appeared on my face as I gazed down at Astrid, whose eyes were sparkling just as much as the ocean below us.

"I guess I really enjoy it too." Astrid smiled as she leaned her head onto my shoulder.

We sat there for a while, watching the sunset and enjoying the other's company as our dragons played in the background. Nothing could ever be as perfect as that moment, nothing.

"Astrid?" I looked down at her as she lifted her head from off my shoulder, a puzzled look on her face.

"Yes?"

"What do you say we go explore world? Just think about all the fun we've had exploring just this island and imagine how amazing it would be to explore the whole world, together, as husband and wife! Imagine the things we could find! Maybe a few new dragons species, perhaps even another night fury!" I rambled as I could practically feel myself glowing with excitement. "And then when we've done that ... I don't know, maybe we can settle for a calm life on Berk with a kid or two?"