Luke- 33

"I love you." I mumbled against her lips, her own lips quirking up in a smile. I tried to pull away, but she secured her hands around my neck, pulling me back down to connect our lips once again. I chuckled, kissing her back for a couple more moments before I pulled away successfully. She whined, running her hands through my hair.

It's been a week since she told me she could be mine, and there had never been such a perfect week. We kept it to ourselves, not wanting much attention, cause we both knew we would get it. No one knew except us, and as hard as it was to not kiss her or hold her hand during school, I managed to do it. Though people did notice that we were acting different towards each other. They noticed that we walked down the halls together, that she would actually look up to see where she was going instead of hiding from everyone, and they definitely noticed that I was being nice to her, specifically they commented on how I would always be smiling when I was around her. I knew all their talking about us bugged her, but she didn't say anything about it. So I did my best to ignore them like she did. 

"We should probably go to target, get those prices for this week."

"Probably." I agreed, nodding my head. "But I don't want to." I said, pushing my head into the crook of her neck. I had been laying on top of her for the past hour or so, too comfy to move, not that she complained. 

"I don't either." She mumbled, threading her fingers through my hair. I hummed in content. "We are terrible parents."

"Mhmm."

"I mean, we're here in your bed, Savannah's in my bed."

"Mhmm."

"We should never be trusted with children."

"We have this conversation a lot."

"Yeah but-"

"Alli, she's just a doll."

"I know." She sighed, her eyes closing as she resettled herself underneath me. 

I let silence surround us for a couple minutes, letting my head fall to rest in the crook of her neck. Her hands pet through my hair, a content sigh leaving me before I allowed myself to break the silence. "When can I tell my parents?"

"Luke...." She trailed off, her hands stilling in my hair. 

"Alli." I whined, a soft chuckle leaving her lips. 

"Why can't we just keep this between us?"

"They're my parents, Alli. Who the fuck are they going to tell? Why do you even care if everyone finds out?"

"Luke, it's only been a week."

"So?" I asked, not getting her point whatsoever. 

"You know what people would say if they knew, and I don't know if I could handle that."

"Alli-"

"No. I just want to make sure this can last. I've liked you for so long Luke. I fell in love with you and I don't want other people to get in the way of that." She said quietly, sighing heavily afterwards. 

It wasn't that I didn't understand her hesitation, cause I did. It was just hard to not kiss her in public when all I wanted was to feel her lips on mine. "Alli, who the fuck cares what everyone else thinks? It's our relationship, which means its just between us." I tried to emphasize my point, but I could feel her shaking her head. "No matter what anyone says it isn't going to change the way I feel about you. I tried to change the way I felt about you, and look where that ended up."

I picked up my head just as she giggled quietly. "It ended up with you crushing me under your weight, fatty."

"Fatty." I scoffed. She giggled again, her lips quirking up and her eyes squinting at the sides. She was positively beautiful. "But seriously, can I at least tell my parents?"