Alli- 38

"I love you."

"Yeah yeah."

"For real. You are literally the best girlfriend ever."

"Nah."

"Yes, you are."

"Babe. All I did was make you a sandwich."

He looked at me from his spot on the couch, eyebrows raised like I was missing something. "Exactly."

I shook my head, giggling as I turned my head back to the movie. It's been a solid week since we last saw Calum. I had seen him around school this past week, but he stayed clear of me and I stayed clear of him. The entire school was confused out of their minds, watching as Luke and I walked hand in hand, with Ashton Michael and Sarah behind us, Calum keeping his head down as he walked around. It was weird, to say the least. But no one would talk about it. Everybody avoided to topic of Calum, at least whenever I was around. Which lately, seemed to be all the time.

"Doesn't your dad get married soon?"

"Huh?" I mumbled, taking a sip of my iced tea as I looked over at him.

"Doesn't your dad get remarried soon?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, in no mood to talk about this.

"Alli."

"I really don't know. I've been avoiding him since he told me he was renewing vows with the devil."

I could see Luke nod slowly from the corner of my eye, but I didn't look over at him. I had a feeling I knew where he was going to go with this, and I really didn't him to. "Alli-"

"Please don't."

"But-"

"No, Luke. I don't want to talk about this. About him."

He stayed quiet for a moment, but I knew he wouldn't stay that way for long. "Okay, but Alli just hear me out."

"Luke-"

"Just listen. You don't have to agree, and I don't want to argue. Just listen to me."

I sighed, narrowing my eyes at him. "Fine."

"Okay," He started, taking a deep breath before continuing. "well I know you hate him, and you have reason to, but-"

"There aren't any butts, I hate him and want nothing to do with him. The end." I cut him off, a brief flash of anger crossing his features before he recomposed himself. 

"But, first of all let me fucking finish." He said, glaring lightly at me to let me know he was being one hundred percent serious. "You have reason to hate him, and I am not saying that you shouldn't, nor am I saying that you should forgive him, because I wanted. But I still think you should go to the wedding... or vow renewals or whatever the hell they are."

"No." I spit out as soon as he stopped talking, annoyance flashing across his face. 

"Alli."

"No, Luke. You know what he did, you know how he treats me. He practically fucking hurt you for crying out loud. You can't tell me to go to this fucking wedding because that would mean I would be accepting his choices, that would mean that I have forgiven him for all the shit he put me through."

He sighed heavily, rubbing his eyes before struggling to talk once again. "Alli... it's just- well... I don't know. I just think that you should give him a chance. You don't have to stay long, you don't even have to be nice. I just think you should go... not necessarily support him, but show him that you can be the bigger person."