Chapter 7

Phil's POV

"Yes, I'm sure I'm okay, Mum," I said on the phone the next afternoon. As soon as she was notified about my disability, she rung me and began asking questions. "Dan's been taking care of me."

"Are you sure?" she asked. "Oh, never mind it. I'm coming out to see you and Dan. Next weekend?"

"Sure, that'd be fine."

"What will be fine?" Dan whispered, sitting near me. I playfully shushed him.

"Take care, love. Tell Dan hello for me. Your father and I will see you soon."

"Alright, love you Mum. Bye."

"Love you too, good bye." She hung up.

"What'd she say?" Dan asked.

"She and my dad are coming down to visit next weekend. And she says hello."

"Hi, Mrs. Lester!"

"I hope you don't mind them coming here," I said."They get so concerned."

"It's alright, I don't mind them."

Dan was supposed to filming a video today, but he just won't leave my side. I pushed on him lightheartedly. "Aren't you supposed to be making a video today?"

"Doesn't matter," he said lazily.

"Yeah it does," I told him. "You've got viewers that miss you."

"Are you going to be alright alone if I go film, or do you want to film with me?"

"Hey, it's your video! I'll be fine, Dan. Stop worrying about me!" I laughed.

He laughed too. "Okay then, what will you be doing?"

"Actually, could you ring PJ for me?"

"PJ?"

"Yeah. While you're filming, I kind of wanted to talk with him."

"Oh, sure," he said. "Let me set up first."

Dan left to move the camera and lighting to his room. I recapped in my head what I wanted to say to PJ while waiting. I wouldhave text him, but it's not like I'd be able to read what he said back, or type in general. I needed to talk to someone while Dan wasn't there, but he was so loving that I didn't want to push him away. He returned shortly and handed me my phone.

"It's ringing," he said. "I'll be in my room. Call if you need me."

"I will."

I listened to him walk out of the lounge where I was sat on the sofa, holding the phone to my ear and listening for PJ to pick up.

"Hello?" he finally said.

"Peej?"

"Oh my God, Phil! How are you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just can't see."

"Right... I am so sorry."

"Why?"

"Well, you're a nice guy. You don't really deserve to lose your eyesight. Or anything, I guess."

"Thanks, PJ."

"No problem. What's up?" He sounded happy. It made me smile.

"Since you're one of my best friends, and Dan is out of the room, I need to talk to you."

"Sure, what's wrong?" he asked, now sounding more concerned.

"Nothing's wrong, I guess, but I just... I needed to talk to someone about this, and I trust you."