CHAPTER 03

CHAPTER THREE✧ SURPRISE ADVENTURES ✧

CHAPTER THREE
✧ SURPRISE ADVENTURES ✧

" no, i don't have a script for this,
but i know the right words exist somewhere.
i just need more time. "

body. sleeping at last.

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━

"THE CURSE! IT'S HERE!"

To say the air around the castle was tense was an understatement. The castle bells were ringing frantically, Grumpy yelling warnings over and over again as the violet cloud of the Dark Curse blanketed the forest. Somewhere in the trees, a hooded figure was on a horse, whipping the reins as she kept a good distance between her and the curse.

The figure wasted no time upon reaching the castle, jumping off and touching the ground on impact. Three black knights sprinted to the entrance, swords drawn at the intruder. There was a bow slung on the figure's back— an archer, no doubt— but the sword was the weapon choice for this encounter.

The fourth blade was drawn with a sharp sound piercing through the rushing winds, and it immediately found its first victim. A black knight charged forward, but he was impaled through the stomach and was kicked out of the way before his knees even hit the ground.

The second knight swung his blade, but it quickly clashed with the archer's sword. Before he could even swing for a second blow, the archer's sword sliced a large gash on his chest.

The third and final knight was in a daze, almost frozen in shock at how quickly his comrades were eliminated. He tried to swing a hit at the archer, but the hooded figure dropped and slid right below the blade.

The hood fell in the process, revealing no other than a familiar brunette— Brooklyn Jones, The Legend from Henry's storybook.

There was a lifeless look in her eyes as she killed this last knight, stabbing him from behind, and she sheathed her sword like it was nothing.

She ran through the castle's hallways, knowing exactly where to go when she ran into someone, the individual holding up a defensive blade.

This someone was Prince Charming, and he had an infant in his other arm.

"Charming," Brooklyn acknowledged.

"Brooklyn," The prince sighed, lowering his sword.

"Congratulations," The archer acknowledged, nodding at his infant.

"Thanks," He nodded, appreciating the moment amidst what they were up against. "We need to get to the wardrobe. It's at the end of the hallway to the left,"