Chapter 10

Today, at drama club. Is Drama club even a thing, anymore? As far as I know, there's no drama club no more, Snow banned it. There is no more drama club.

This whole week I've been trying to decide what to make of the mysterious note that appeared on my locker the other day. I have no idea about who wrote it, and although the logic part of my mind is telling me it's probably just Finnick trying to play a prank on me (a very weak prank by the way), but I can't ignore this feeling I have that it's something different, something bigger. I don't know exactly what my motivations are, but I feel that I should follow the commands of this little piece of paper. Immature? Probably, but what can I do? I'm curious, and I really have nothing better to do.

Another part of my curiousity rests in the signature, who the hell is S.C.L. I tried to think of all names I know that start with those letters, but nothing comes up, besides of a guy from Junior year named Sean Cecil Lerman, and don't get me wrong, I'm sure he is alright, but he just doesn't have the face of being very interested in me.

The ringing signaling the end of the last period of classes for the day is what wakes me up from my thoughts. I stand up in a flash, and basically run out of the classroom, sick and tired of school for the rest of my life.

I meet up Katniss by her locker, like we usually do after classes, so that I can give her a ride home.

"Hey, Katniss." I call her out.

She whipps around, her braidhitting her face from the quick movement, and flashes me a quick smile. "Hi! So, what's up?" she asks me, turning to face her locker again, and stuffing her books inside.

I shrugg "Nothing much. I won't be able to give you a lift home today, though." I try to keep my eyes foccused on the back of her head, but sometimes, without even noticing it, Katniss can be rather distracting, especially when wearing her cheerleading uniform. Although she quit from the cheerleading a few weeks ago, she still wears her outfit all the time, matched with that pair of dirty and worn combat boots that seem out of place with everything else. I think she's just trying to annoy the other bitchy girls she used to hang out with all the time, because everytime she crosses with them in the hallway, I notice the way she starts swaying her hips exaggeratedly (not that I'm staring) and how she sends them a smirk. If you ask me, I think it's working, I also notice the dirty looks the bitchy girls send her way afterwards.

"Why not?" Katniss asks me, closing her locker and facing me this time.

I debate with myself, wondering if I should tell her about the note, and how I'm going to follow its indications as if it is some sort of dinity to me. I can guess easily guess what are the different things she might say about that, and I've narrowed it to the two more likely possibilities, which are 'Are you joking me? Get your head out of your ass!' or 'Oh, cool, I want to go too!' I decide to not tell her anything, it is a mysterious note that was in my locker, not hers. So it's none of her business, I guess.

"I'm thinking of joining the debate club." I lie.

Katniss eyes me suspiciously before answering "There's no debate club in this school." she states, crossing her arms in her chest.

"O-Oh, really? I-I a... I didn't know." I manage to stutter. I don't no why the fact that Katniss caught me lying is something that leaves me so nervous, since I am constantly caught in middle of lies, I am a terrible actor.

"It's fine ,Peeta. I don't really care about what type of shit you're going to do now. I'm already used to it." she says carelessly. "As long as you don't get yourself in too much of a trouble." she adds quietly.

"Oh, Okay."

"So, see you on Monday." Katniss bids me goodbye, and walks away. I keep my eyes trained on her back until she's out of sight. When I can no longer see her I turn around and walk to my locker.