"Babe, I'm here," He called out and like them, she got up to meet him. But as she was turning the corner expecting to see him, she noticed he was only peeking his head inside.

"Harry, what are you doing? You're letting the warm air out and the cold air in."

"Oh... right. Sorry." But he didn't move.

"That means come inside."

"Okay."

He still wasn't moving.

"Harry, get your butt in here right now and stop playing around."

He fussed but came in with grocery bags in one of his hands. He closed the door and stood back up against it.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like you're scared to come in here?"

He gestured his head toward the little boy who was just looking at him curiously and wondering why this tall and strange man was acting so strangely. "Who is that?"

She smiled, then reached down to pick him up and put him on her hip. "This is Theodore. Natalie's nephew. She's keeping him for a whole week so she can give his parents a break. But she had a prearranged date with Mathew tonight and they might be up a little late if you get what I'm saying. So he's going to be spending the night with me. Well... with us."

"So basically, what you're saying is, I'm going to be spending my birthday with a kid then."

"Yeah... sorry. But I didn't want her to miss this date because things between her and Matt haven't been the best. She said he's been acting a little distant lately and she's worried about him. So I figured that they could have this night together because Theo was just a boy and he probably won't ruin too many things for us. And he's been really good so far."

"Hmm. Aside from the fact that he almost gave me a heart attack when I opened the door."

"I can't believe you let a two year old scare you. And it is certainly not a reason for you to hide outside."

"I wasn't hiding. I was simply being cautious." Harry scoffed and walked past her into the kitchen. She followed.

"Of a little boy?"

"Yeah. What do you expect when I had both a kid and a dog running at me? Especially when I've never seen the kid or who he could be or why he's here... I honestly thought that fairy lady was working her magic again."

She put Theo down, hoping he'd leave them be. But he stayed there with them. "Working her magic? What do you mean?"

"I don't know. You know how she just goes and changes things up when people least expect it. The way she did with you. I thought he was yours or something. Like she just gave you a kid."

She laughed out loud. "And your first reaction was to hide? What if he really was mine and she did give him to me? You'd do that for real? Well that's good to know."

He gave her an impatient look and began to pull items from the bag. "Nothing's funny. How about you just do me a huge favor and don't miss a day of your birth control. We aren't ready to have children." His attention was taken when Theo pat his leg. "What do you want?"

"That cookie?" He pointed upward to a package of cookies with icing and sprinkles on them.

Harry frowned. "Yeah, its cookies that I bought for Veronica and I."

"Want cookie?"

"I don't know. Your auntie might not want you to have any sweets." He looked at Veronica for help. "Does Natalie mind?"