Arriving

(Aquantis' POV)
It was about a six hour drive from where I used to live, but it was worth it. I mean come on it's LA for crying out loud. My mom drove to the house that her boss had ready for us. When we arrived to the house I was speechless. The house was surrounded by trees except the front. The house looked really elegant yet modern. I got out the truck and grabbed a few boxes and went into my new home. I took my boxes and found a room that will officially be mine.

I picked the room that was on the far right with a tree covering part of the window. I set my boxes down and went to get more. Once we were done with the boxes me and my mom moved our beds in, first it was hers then mine. My mom went back out and unhooked her car from the back of the moving truck. I started unpacking and setting up my room. I arranged my bed with the bed sheets I had on before we moved, I would need to buy new ones later once we were fully settled in the new house. Another thing that I needed were drapes for this huge window. I walked downstairs and set up the kitchen and living room, too. I organized the little amount of dish ware we had at our old place, since it was just my mom and I there we didn't need much stuff. I tried to move around some of the furniture in the living room so it would at least look nice. Once I did that I took a walk around the neighborhood.

I walked around a bit and found a little park in between the circle of houses. I crossed the street and went over and sat on a bench. I looked around at everything. " I think I could get used to this." I quietly said to myself.

(Aidan's POV)
I was chilling in my room when I saw a moving truck pull up to the house next door. I looked to see who was moving in and it was a girl and her mom. I noticed the girl looked around my age when she was making her way into the house with a box. I continued working on assignments I had for class at my desk near my window. While working I found myself glancing out my window a few times curious about the new neighbor. After a while, I stood up from my desk chair and stretched since I was sitting for too long. I put all my stuff back into my backpack before making my way downstairs. Once I got down I saw my mom in the living room. "Aidan, I talked to the new neighbor and I invited her to come over for dinner."

"Umm, alright. Well I'm going for a walk. When should I come home so I could be ready for dinner?"

"Maybe around 6:30ish."

"Alright, I'll be back."

"Ok." I walked out the front door and went to the park close by. As I got closer I saw someone sitting on the bench. Once I got closer I asked if I could sit down, too. "Mind if I sit?"

"Umm no, go ahead." I turned and noticed it was the girl who had moved in next door. I looked around a little and I decided to start a conversation with her. "Hi, umm... my name is Aidan, by the way."

"I'm Aquantis."

"Wow, beautiful name."

"Thanks." I looked at her and saw her cheeks slightly redden, I smiled and kept talking to her. We talked about ourselves a bit and why she ended up moving here. I looked at my phone, but then she stood up. "It was nice meeting you, Aidan, but I have to go. I'm going to a dinner tonight with my mom."

"It was nice meeting you, too."

"Yeah, alright bye."

"Bye." She walked away and I stood and walked to my house.

I got in and went to take a quick shower. Once I was done I got dressed and put on something casual. I heard the door bell ring and was ready for the guests.