~1~

Four words. Four words was all it took to make my world come crashing down.

"Your father is dead."
---------------------------------------------
I still remember when my mom called that night 6 months ago on my way home from work. She told me that my dad had been shot and killed by someone who's been wanted by the Secret Service. My dad had been out at the local pub that night with his friends and the man walked right up behind him and shot him.

I got home to our flat as soon as I could. I saw my mom watching the news with an half empty bottle of whiskey in her hand, her eyes red and puffy, she'd been crying ever since she found out. I couldn't really think of anything to do so I just sat with her and cried. My dad is gone, forever.
---------------------------------------------
My life has gotten worse ever since my dads death.

My mom, Heather, has a new guy in her life named Jack and I was happy for her at first, but he's turned into an abusive asshole. She's been with him for 2 months now and every day I'll see a new bruise on her pale skin and every week or so I'll get them too. I'm always trying to stay as far away from him as possible, I even stay the night at work whenever he gets drunk.

I wish I could help my mom, but he has emotionally and physically abused her so much that it's hard for her to leave. She's tried to escape once when I was at work and he grabbed her by the neck and choked her out.

To top that off, I've been harassed by people in our neighborhood everyday since we've moved to this area of town. I can't take a step out of the house or walk to the store without being made fun of or getting beat up.

All of this has dwindled my self esteem down to nothing and I don't even know what to do. I wish I could defend myself and do something about my mom and about the guy who killed my dad, but I can't.

A/N: As of 12/27/17, I have uploaded a new story called Ronan if you want to check it out! I will be updating this one though as soon as I can! :)