Chapter 5: Battle

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

Comment and vote.

&&($@)((&&&()

"Sam lost the element of surprise and he doesn't want take you on outnumbered. So he's not going to come at you head on," Jacob said to us. He was telling us Sam's plan on attacking everyone. I was very scared.

Jasper pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me. "He got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity," Jacob ended the plan. Jacob had really risk himself for telling us everything for Bella's sake.

"We won't get through without a fight," Emmett said to him. It was like him. Emmett doesn't really use his head. Carlisle looked at him. "No fights. We won't be the ones who break the treaty," Carlisle tried to be logical.

"The treaty is void. At least in Sam's mind," Jacob cut him off a bit. I remembered Jasper explaining me the treaty. Carlisle had made a treaty with Jacob's ancestor. As long as they didn't bite anyone, they could live in peace at Forks.

They revised the treaty when Alice and Jasper joined the family. "Not in ours," Esme said to him. "Carlisle. No one has hunted for weeks," Emmett reminded him. {That's right. They didn't hunt for a while.} I got worried.

"We'll make due," Esme said to him. I looked up at Jasper. I was worried for his health.Jasper looked down at me. "It's alright Beverly," he tried to reassure me. "You have done us a great service. Thank you," Carisle said to him.

Jasper took my hand and walked me to the kitchen. I remembered that I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. Jasper sat me down while he went to the fridge. "I just want an apple," I said to him. I wasn't really in the mood to eat anything solid. {I should feed on some energy.}

Jasper washed a red apple and gave it to me. He looked concern. "Are you sure you don't want anything else darlin?" he asked me. I gave him a nod and bit into the apple. I heard Esme walk into the room.

"Do you want me to cook anything for you?" she asked me. I shook my head. "It's okay." It didn't take me long to finish eating. I threw the core away and walked up to my room to get changed. I wanted to walk a bit to feed.

Once I was done, I made my attempt to go outside. I walked out toward the trees. When I got the the trees, I placed my hand on the bark. I instantly felt the energy of the tree flowing into me. It felt really good.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped and looked behind me to see Jasper. "You scared me," I said to him. He carried me back into the house. Once in my room, he placed me on the bed. "You can't go outside. It's way to dangerous," he warned me. I saw fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I won't go out again," I said to him. He gave me a nod.

Everyone was on watch over Bella and I. Bella had been growing weaker in the passing days. It was really hard for me to watch her. Bella was skin and bone. Her skin was almost death pale. Rosalie was at Bella's side the whole time. She would help bath Bella.

Jasper was next to me the whole time as well. He never left my side. He would guard the bathroom door when I took a shower. I hadn't made any attempts to sneak outside even though I wanted to go out for fresh hair.

Everyone was in the living room. Jasper, Emmett, Alice, and I were waiting the television while everyone was watching over Bella. Bella hadn't eaten for a long time. She wanted to vomit. Jacob sat near Bella to give her his body heat.

Edward got my attention when he said something about what Jacob was thinking.

"What are you thinking?" Carlisle asked him.

"That he's probably just looking for someone to sink his teeth into," Jacob said his mind out loud. "He's thirsty," Bella pointed out in realization. I didn't think that baby vampires needed to feed. I guess the baby was really thirsty.

"I know the feeling," Emmett said. "If he's craving, he's not going to want animal blood," Edward said to us. Carlisle said that he was going to get something. {He's must be getting blood.} I decided to take Jasper up to my room.

I took his hand and walked him to my room. Once inside, I locked the door. "I'm sorry. I know that you want to be wit Bella at a time like this," I heard him say to me. I turned around and looked at him. "I'm more worried about you Jasper. You haven't feed for a while," I said to him.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

Over the next few days, Bella had been drinking blood. It made her stronger. I could see that the color of her face was coming back. She still needed help with walking around. I was happy to see her doing much better.

One day, Carlisle noticed that his blood supply was running dangerously low. Bella would be delivering tomorrow. He needed more blood if Bella was to survive the delivery. I knew that Sam was going to attack if Carlisle was gone.

Carlisle, Emmett, and Esme were going to go and get some more blood. The rest were to watch over Bella and I. They had to go out at night.

I was in my room when Bella went into labor. Jasper stayed with me since he couldn't go near blood. I was the only one who could calm him down. After a while, Jasper got up from the bed. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"The pack are close. I need to go," he said to me. He walked over to me and embraced me. I was very worried about him. He wouldn't be at his full strength. Jasper caressed my cheek. I knew that he was concerned for me.

Jasper gave me a kiss. "I love you," he said to me. "I love you too. Be careful," I said to him. He gave me a nod and walked out of the room in a hurry. I decided that I was going to help them a bit. I got onto the bed and made myself comfortable.

I projected my reflective shield around the whole house.

Normal view....

Sam made an attempt to pounce but, he was reflected off. "What's going on?" Alice asked Edward. "Whatever it is, it's keeping the wolves away from us," Jasper said to them. Edward was trying to focus who was doing the reflective shield.

"It's Beverly," Edward said. After a few more pounces, the reflective shield was starting to break. "Beverly can't hold on much long," Edward said to them. Sam and the other wolves decided to pounce at once.

They pounced together through the reflective shield.

Beverly's point of view....

I felt my energy draining. Next thing I knew, I saw black.

@&(:($@$()&

Hello everyone. I have been interested in creating my own stories recently. It allows me to be creative. I have recently put up a story: To Live or To Die From Cancer (The Will to Live Series). I have another new story:

Dance in Romance

Please check it out.

Happy reading. Don't forget to comment and vote. I love hearing from you.