Leap of Faith

Sara

"We're."

"Supposed."

"To."

"Jump."

"BRO NO!" We screamed in unison. Death had brought us all the way up here to test us for our partner. But this was slightly ridiculous. I've heard of trust falls, but this is taking it to another level.

Death looked calm and relaxed as we freaked out. She had fair skin and silver hair that reached the ground in twisting tendrils. Two pieces on the sides of her head were braided back and secured with a blue ribbon. She wore a long white dress. It was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. It was a gown really with an explosion of fabric that looked like sea foam flowing out at her waist.

"We're freaking 600 feet in the air!" Amber yelled. She began waving her hands around for emphasis. Her blue eyes turned gray as the panic took over. Her shoulder length blonde hair swished around.

"Death just saying, I VALUE LIFE!" I joined in on the hand waving. My green eyes were about to pop out of my head. My face was flaming red. A convenient gust of wind blew my long brown-blonde hair all over the place.

"This is insane!" Maddy cried. She began rocking from side to side. She tugged on her brown ponytail, eyes wide with fear.

"EEEEEUUUUHHHH!" Adhya groaned. She shut her dark brown eyes tightly. Suddenly, she turned around and her black braid knocked me over.

"OW!" I roared. Adhya's hair reached past her knees and had to weigh twenty pounds.

"Sorry Sara," she apologized and hauled me up. "God your heavy!"

"Not the issue here," I grumbled. I swooped upon Death. "Please explain why this is a good idea."

Death took a deep breath, "Your partners are waiting down their to catch you. This is how we determine who goes with who."

"Um no," Maddy sassed. I held up a hand for a high five. She obliged. Every cell in my body was screaming, "NO DON'T DO IT!"

"That's entirely illogical," Amber said. Adhya and I nodded in agreement like demented bottle heads.

"Your souls are connected, you'll understand when you jump," Death continued. "Trust me, you'll be fine."

Something about her soothing tone numbed me. My muscles involuntary relaxed. My vision grayed out and me sense of movement dulled. Abruptly I was standing on the stone wall with no idea how I got there.

"What!" I yelled in surprise. Another gust of wind lifted our hair and sent it wildly flying around. Amber began letting out a string of creative four letter words.

"Jesus Amber!" Maddy yelped when she finished. "I don't blame you though!"

"See? You are already up there now its just a step and it'll be over in an instant!" Death cheered with a clap and smile. I swear, that wasn't the least bit comforting.

"NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!" I shrieked. A large gust of wind pushed me off balance. I tipped forward and saw the white of clouds below of us. Screaming, I grabbed Adhya's hand for balance. By some miracle, we both managed to avoid going over. I grabbed Maddy's hand and she grabbed Amber's. Another miracle, I didn't vomit up what was left in my stomach.

"Anyone else think the fact that DEATH is telling us to JUMP OFF A BUILDING and that it'll be FINE is strangely ironic?" Amber hollered against the rising wind.

"YES!" I screamed back and whipped my hair out of my face. Another gust of wind blew it back however.

"Preach it!" Maddy shouted. She to was desperately flicking hair out of her face. As best she could considering we were all death gripping each other's hands.