Chapter 14: Ben and Mal

Mal had been avoided Ben all day. Just two days ago she had discover that True Love's Kiss was coming up. She was hoping that if she just avoided Ben he would think she was breaking up with him so she wouldn't have to say it. She sprinted down the hall, hoping not to get noticed by anyone. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain on the back of her head. She froze and slowly turned her head around to see that Ben was the one who had stopped her. His arm was frozen in the throwing position that had landed the baseball on the back of her head. "Mal!" He shouted as he walked towards her.

"Oooooh." The students in the hallway turned to Mal and oooohed, knowing she was in trouble.

As soon as Ben got close enough Mal looked down and whispered "Not here. Please."

Ben grabbed her by her shirt and pulled her into the nearest empty classroom.

"If your gonna break up with me do it now." Said Mal as she started to walk towards the door.

Ben grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. He looked into her green eyes and watched them slowly fill with tears. One trickled down her face and she wiped it away.

"Mal. I'm not breaking up with you."

"Then what do you want?" Mal frowned.

"I want you to stop ignoring me. Please. I love you and I hope you love me but,"

Ben got cut off by Mal. "But nothing. I love you to but we can't keep going on like this."

"Are you... Breaking up with me?" Ben frowned.

"Yeah Ben. I guess I am." Mal rushed out of the room, crying, and didn't look back.