Chapter 9

|CHRIS|

After last night, I just really want to stay in bed all day and sleep the day away. The morning started off painful. 

I wake up to a cold empty bed. My shoulders are killing me. Where are they? 

I climb out the bed and search for my mates. Did I just say 'my mates'? Am I going crazy? I walk through the long halls searching for them. My shoulders or should I call them marks, are burning. They would stop in some halls but when I go to open any door in that hall it would just feel like someone added lighter fluid to the flames. 

"Shit." I curse. My marks are burning so bad. "Justin, Jackson?" I call out. I hear no footsteps. Where are they? 

My body starts to burn. What's happening? I feel faint. 

"Jackson, Justin." I call out again.  Tears escape my eyes, that thankfully cool me down a little.I try to get up but my legs fail to support me. 

My eyes close against my will and I'm out.

|JACKSON|

Justin and I wake early to go hunting. We only need to feed once a week. We feed and drive to the nearest supermarket to by a cake and some other things for Chris. I hope she stays in our room.

We're about two miles out and that not a good thing. If Chris left the room she would be in so much pain right now. 

"What should we get her?" Justin questions. 

"I don't know but we need to hurry." I say and look down at my watch. "Fuck. We need to go." It's twelve in the afternoon. 

"What time is it?" Justin asks.

"Twelve." 

"I hope she stays in the room." Justin pleads. 

We hurry to check out and throw everything in the backseat. We get to the house in ten minutes, would have been another twenty if we went the speed limit. 

I run to the room while Justin puts everything away and hide the cake. I smell Chris before I reach the room. I follow her scent down the hall, to find her laid out on the floor. 

I pick she up and watch as she gasp. Her marks must be burning. 

I carry her to the room and lay her down in the bed while I run into the bathroom and run a cold bath for Chris. I lay her in the tub. We need to finish the mating process soon. We can't have this happening again. 

|CHRIS|

I'm freezing. I open my eyes to see that I'm in the bathtub in ice cold water. The last thing I remember was burning up on the hallway floor. My marks are numb. I look to my right to see Jackson sitting next to the tub with his head in his hands. 

"Jackson, where were you guys?" I ask. 

"We needed to go hunting, so we left earlier, hopping to get back before you woke up." He says and looks up. "But unfortunately, we got home too late. Seeing you passed out on the floor, told me that we have, no need to finish the mating process."

"Mating process?" I ask. What the hell is going on?

"There are two parts of the mating process. The first part is the marking, which we have done. The second part is to complete the bond by having intercourse. That way if for any reason we need to be apart, your marks won't hurt." Jackson explains. But I'm frozen. 

Did he just say that we have to have sex?

<3 LOVE YA!!!!