What I Left Behind- Chapter 19

Začať od začiatku

You and Ethan have been MIA these past few days girl. You better not be back in Paris or so help me god. 

I laughed, Charlie was sometimes a bit over dramatic.

She does have a point though. I kind of have been avoiding her and Drew this past week. I've been with Ethan all the time and I couldn't be happier. I've been avoiding asking him where we stand or anything because I don't want to be over stepping anything but it has to come up. Especially since Drew and Charlie are starting to wonder what's going on.

"What's wrong?" He asked, pulling me out of my train of thought.

I took a deep breath and prayed for a second, hoping what I'm about to say wont make him run.

I fiddled with my hands before I decided to break the silence."Uh, well we both know that this, what's going on between us, is a big change. It's different but good different. I'm just confused on where we stand. I don't want to overstep anything but Charlie just texted me asking where we've been and I don't know what to say. I guess she made me realize to take a look at what's going on here because I don't even know." I said looking into his eyes to see his response. 

Please don't freak out I prayed.

His eyes shined as he looked into mine, "Yeah I've been meaning to talk to you about it. I didn't know how to bring it up but um... how do you feel about everything? About us?" He asked starting to get nervous.

He sent a million butterflies soaring in my stomach as he said the word 'us'.

"I've been really happy this past week with you. It's something that I didn't ever expect happening but I'm happy it did." I said feeling my cheeks turning red.

He smiled happily, "It's been amazing and I don't know how it happened or what changed when you went to Paris, but I'm happy it did. I've always had feelings for you Blake, I guess when you came back from Paris, they surfaced more and it was about time that I'd do something about it. I can't deny that I don't like you because that would be a lie and such an understatement. You do crazy things to me Blake Gray." He said running his hands through his gorgeous hair.

I bit my lip, "So what's going to happen from here?" I asked feeling more nervous than I'd ever been in my life.

Just then the waiter came and gave us the bill. Ethan quickly paid for it and took us out of the restaurant.

He didn't say a word to me so I felt a little panicked. He led us to the car and I hopped in the passenger seat. Again with the silence.

He drove to Saint Costal Lake and parked on the side of the road. He came to my side and opened the door for me.

"Is everything okay Ethan?" I asked nervously. We hadn't brought up the subject from the restaurant and I was starting to get worried if I scared him.

"Everything's fine. More than fine." He said smiling as he pulled me down from his range rover.

"Why are we here then?" I asked confused.

He grinned but didn't say anything. He walked me over to the path where we would meet up when we were kids.

"You see, this spot, was the first time that I realized something. Something that today I couldn't even describe. When I met you at your house, I assumed that you were one rich brat from California who was just as stuck up like all the others. Yeah I know I was only what, 9? I've met plenty of people who came into the neighborhood who were snobby but when you met Drew and Charlie, the way you were so at ease at talking to them made me second-guess my assumption. I had a gut feeling that you were different and that I was probably wrong. Well I was wrong because here we are today closer than ever. When we were at Charlie's party on New Years Eve dancing when the ball dropped, I had another moment just like that one. I realized that I wanted to be with you and only you. Ever since then, I've been contemplating telling you how I feel but when you came back from your trip, everything just fell into place." He said holding our hands together as he looked into my eyes.

I couldn't describe how I was feeling. It was all so surreal.

"Back when we were at the restaurant, you asked me what's going to happen from here. I can tell you what I would like to happen but it will change everything we have Blake." He said as his eyes started to tighten. Is he thinking the same thing as I am? Do I really want anything to change between us?

"If you don't want anything to change Blake, tell me now. We can go back to what it was like if you want to." He said. I couldn't tell what he was thinking by his unreadable expression but he hinted a little disappointment by the way his eyes fell slightly.

So much has happened lately but I've never been happier. I loved my friendship with Ethan but this... what's been going on between us just made us closer than we've ever been. It's a bonus even. I never thought in a million years that I'd ever feel this way about him but I do and I'm not at all regretting it. I want even more things with Ethan.

"Just say stop Blake, and I wont say anything." He said frowning slightly.

I took a deep breath, "No."

"Keep going." I added.

His eyes loosened about ten times and he smiled his awe so perfect smile.

"I want to be with you, that is, if you want to be with me." He said before stopping.

"People date because they want to get to know the person. I know almost everything about you so dating would be pointless. I want you to be mine, no one else's. I know that a title doesn't change anything but it lets all the other perverts know that you're not available. I want you to give us a chance. I've waited a long time for this and the timing can't be anymore perfect. " He said softly, burning his eyes into mine.

"Be my girlfriend Blake Gray." He said squeezing my hands.

I felt the back of my throat become extremely dry. My heart was pounding out of my chest. My best friend in the whole world just asked my to be his girlfriend and I couldn't describe how this feeling was. I felt my eyes become wide and a small smile tugged at the edge of my lips.

"Are you not from some Nicholas Sparks novel? Because you sure know how to make a girl swoon." I said smiling.

He chuckled. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend." I said softly.

 He grabbed the back of my neck, pulling my lips onto his.

He kissed me with every ounce of passion he had. It felt even better than the last time we kissed and it only seemed to be getting better every time. I smiled as his tongue made it's way in my mouth. I ran my hands through his hair causing him to moan slightly in the back of his throat.

I was kissing my best friend, my boyfriend. That definitely needed some time getting used to. Ethan Bradley was now my boyfriend and I couldn't be any happier.