Chappie 5

So...this is short...please don't hate me!!!

Pov Anbell

As we start walking twoards the Beavers dam, I start to get worried. What if the beavers recognize me? Now that...would not be good. And Mum...Mum would most likely strangle me and then disown me.

I follow the others, thinking about how to get the four annoying, horribly opptimistic kids to the castle, when I feel a tug on my white coat. I look down and see Mr.Beaver....drats.

Before I have a chance to freak out, mr.Beaver asks me,”What are you doing here? Spawn of the Witch (my dearest editor! do you think that this is what Mr.Beaver would say???)!”

He says it with so much hatred, that it almost gives me a laughing fit.

I look at him, thinking quick,”Yeah...about that? Mum decided to disown me.” I sigh, adding in a dramatic touch. Ha! I ought to be an actress!

Mr.Beaver looks at me, a shimmer of sadness and gleefulness appearing in his eyes,”Ah...so the evil Anbell isn’t as evil anymore!” he smiles a bit to himself.

That little twirt! He looks more like a rat than a beaver...hm...that’s a great comeback! I’m about to say it, when I stop. Gotta be in character.

“Hm...I guess....” I look somewhere else, hoping it adds more to the illusion that his theory is right.

Mr.Beaver smiles at me,”I’m proud of ya Anbell. Really proud.”

I give him a jerky nodd and half smile,”Yeahhh...thanks I guess.”

“Guess your heart isn’t as cold as everyone thinks.” Mr.Beaver shuffles away, back to the front of the group.

I stare at him. oh no he didn’t! I do not have a heart! Thank you very much! I shiver...to have a heart? all of those unnecessary and uncanny feelings? No thanks!

I hear a stiffened giggle and turn around. There is Edmund...had he been listening to the whole conversation?

“You look rather angry!” He says inbetween laughs. I stink out my tongue at him, I must admit...he is rather cute when he’s not all grumpy!

The others hear the laughter and turn around, utter astonishment etched unto their faces.

They’re probably thinking,’Edmund? Laughing?’

I crack a smile. I’m pretty sure that Lucy was about to say something, when Mr.Beaver announces,”We are here!”

I see Mrs. Beaver wave us in, but ignore their conversations. Beavers. Filthy beasts.

After a bit Mrs.Beaver invites us inside.

We all sit around a table eating fish and drinking some nasty stuff that Mrs.Beaver had prepared.

I ignore the talking and useless chitter-chater of how ‘amazing’ it is to have the four human children here. Blah, blah, blah.

Yeah. Sure. They’ll totally win the war! Pcha! Idiot talking beasts. The human kids too, they’re totally believing and hanging on to every word that the beavers say.

I start to listen to the useless blabber-jabber.

Hm....what where the others talking about???

Edmunds POV is next!!!:-)