Breaking Free

I sat on the couch of the cabin. I was as still as could be. My breathing was slow but steady. I've calmed down a lot since Sonic showed me what he's done. But I still have these feelings. I'll describe them.

Fear. Anger. Rage. Guilt. Sadness.

All these mixed together, creates a side of me you never want to see. When I say 'never', I mean NEVER IN YOUR LIFE TIME.

Sonic acts like he doesn't see it. He's acting like it's all good. He's laying his head in my lap, telling me how much he loves me.

I'm disgusted.

But of course, I have to go along with it until I come up with a plan to get out of here.

I glared down at him. His eyes were closed but he just kept talking. I stayed silent. I wasn't listening to a damn word he was saying. I was just thinking about all the ways he did me wrong.

And the more I thought, the angrier I got.

So angry, that my nails dug into the arm of the sofa. But I'm not going to let my anger take over. I'm not ending up like Sonic.

His phone went off in his pocket, ceasing his talking. He sat up and pulled it out. He looked at the screen. "I have to go. I'll be back in an hour or so. There's food in the kitchen. If you try something while I'm gone, I will punish you,"Sonic said as he stood. I stayed quiet. "I love you, (Y/n),"he smiled. He pecked my cheek. I burned holes into his back as he made his way to the door.

"Where are you going?"I asked as he reached for the door knob. He turned and looked at me, his emerald eyes filled with curiosity. "Why?"Sonic asked.

Bitch. Because I asked.

"Just curious,"I said. "It's none of your concern. Just sit here until I get back,"Sonic said as he turned back to the door. I glared even harder at his back. He opened the door and walked out. I heard the door lock. I jumped up and ran to one of the windows. I looked out and watched as Sonic walked away from the cabin he calls 'our home'. When I couldn't see him anymore, I screamed my lungs out. It felt so good to let that out. Sure, my throat was a little sore but its all worth it.

I ran through the house, searching for a way out. There was a back door in the kitchen, but it was locked up tight. Every window and door was dead bolted from the outside. I groaned in frustration.

How am I suppose to leave? I'm trapped in here, I don't know what part of the woods I'm in, and I don't have my phone. Trust me. I looked for it...but I remember dropping it at Shadow's house.

Oh, Shadow. Why? Why did this have to happen to you? Just yesterday, you were telling me that I was your one and only. Forever and always. I'd do anything to have you here with me now.

Tears stained my cheeks as I sat down on the couch in the living room again. I can't start crying now. I have to think. I have to make it out of here. For Shadow. For Amy. I wiped away my tears and criss-crossed my legs. I leaned my head back. There's an attic. Wait. An attic. I think I have an idea.

I planned everything out. This has to go as planned or Sonic will...well. There's no telling what he might do. I waited for him to come home. So I could give him exactly what he deserves for being such a kind, and wonderful 'husband'. I stood inside the bedroom beside the door, a large, thick frying pan in hand. It was the biggest one I could find in the kitchen. I heard the front door finally open. My pulse went from 0 to 60.

"(Y/n), where are you, sweetheart?"I heard Sonic call out. "I'm here in the bedroom,"I called out to him. I heard his footsteps come towards the door. I tightened my grip on the handle of the pan and lifted it into the air above my head.

The door opened and in walked Sonic. He closed the door behind him. "(Y/n)?"he called out confusedly. With all of my strength, I hit the back of his head with the frying pan. He cried out in pain then fell to the floor with a thud, unconscious.

I smiled to myself. I did it! I knocked him out! Just as planned. I searched his pockets. I found his phone, a map, keys, and his gun. I took the keys and opened the front door. I took off the ring and dropped it into front of the door. I can't run yet.

I left it wide open and opened the attic door. I climbed up into the dark space. I took out Sonic's phone. His battery is almost dead but it has just enough battery life for me to make one call.

I dialed a specific number and listened to it ring, hoping that someone would pick up.

"H-Hello?"a voice sniffled on the other end.

"Hi, Crys,"I smiled into the phone. "Oh my god! (Y-Y/n), where are you?! We've been worried sick!"Crys cried. I heard other voices besides her's. "It's (Y/n)! S-She's okay!"Crys said.

"Is it really you?!"I heard Rouge say. "Yes, it's me,"I said. I heard her burst into tears. I almost started crying.

"Listen to me. Put me on speaker,"I said. "Okay, you're on,"Rouge sniffled. "Where are you?"I heard Crys ask. "I'm somewhere in the woods in a cabin but don't come looking for me,"I said. "What? Why?!"Rouge asked.

"I don't want you guys getting hurt. Sonic took me. H-He shot Shadow and killed Amy,"I said. My eyes began to burn but I kept my tears in.

"Oh my god! How do you know he killed Amy?"Rouge asked. "H-He showed me where he buried the b-body,"I stuttered. I was starting to feel sick. "Holy shit. This is insane,"Crys said. "I know. I need you guys to do me a favor. Okay?"I asked.

"Okay,"they said in unison. "If you're at my house, I need you to leave.  Don't ask questions, just do it,"I said. "Everyone is already at my house,"Crys said. "Okay, that's good. Whatever you do, don't call this phone. This is Sonic's phone and it's about to die,"I said.

"We understand,"Crys said. "And one more thing. If I don't make it back, just know...that I love all of you so much,"I sniffled. "W-We love you t-t-too,"Rouge stuttered. "I'll see you all soon. Hopefully,"I said. "Bye. Be careful,"Crys said. I pressed the end call button on the phone.

I used the flashlight on the phone to look at the map. It had red marks leading from the cabin to...back into town! Yes! It's only a few miles away.

I folded the map and stuffed it into my pocket. I took the ammo out the gun. Just a couple rounds left. I put it back in and put the safety on. I tucked it into the back of my pants.

I heard groaning and looked down the entrance of the attic to see Sonic regaining consciousness. I closed the entrance until there was only a crack I could see out of. I watched as he slowly climbed to his feet.

"W-What happened?"he mumbled to himself. He looked around as he rubbed the back of his head. He walked into the living room and saw that the door was open.

He saw the ring and picked it up. He looked at it in silence before throwing it across the room.

"NO, NO, NO!"he yelled as he gripped the sides of his head. Sonic felt his pockets only to discover that all his stuff was taken by me.

"DAMMIT! She's not getting away so easily,"Sonic growled. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a large knife. He walked out the front door, slamming it behind him.

I waited a few minutes before carefully climbing down from the attic. Instead of leaving through the front door, I went to the back. I carefully closed the door back and pulled the map out of my pocket. I followed it until I started to see colored markings on the trees.

I followed them for a good few minutes. A bush close by russled, making me pull out the gun and aim at it. I turned the safety off. My heart was beating out of my chest. I slowly walked over and kicked the bushes. A bird went flying.

I lowly laughed in relief, my heart beat returning to normal. I turned back around only to be slapped to the ground. I landed on my back.

The breath was knocked out of me and my cheek stung. I looked up, my eyes widening.

"I found you. Now it's time for your punishment,"Sonic smiled manically as he twisted the knife in his hand.

Shit.