15. Battle

Declan's POV

The time had finally arrived when Jake had come into my land. All of my men and Jason's men from Silver Beam Pack were all waiting outside the pack house on the battle ground. I was in human form while everyone else was in wolf form.

All of Jake's pack came onto the battle ground and stood there in their wolf forms about 50 metres away from us.

I growled at him and walked towards him.

"WHERE IS MY MATE?" He growled at me.

"She is not yours! She is mine!" I growled back.

"GIVE ME HER BACK RIGHT NOW AND WE WILL NOT HARM YOU OR YOUR PACK!" He yelled coming even closer towards me.

"No you are not going to touch her, she is my mate and you will never take her away from me!" I said trying to stay calm even though Zeke wanted to come out and rip him to shreds.

He growled and then turned into his wolf. If that's how he wanted to be then he left me no choice. I let Zeke out and he went crazy.

He pounced towards Jake and we started rolling around on the grass. Both of our packs ran towards each other and started attacking. We had an advantage because we had another pack while they only had 1.

We snapped at each other but never hit our targets and didn't end up actually biting one another.

Kendall's POV

All of us women and children were locked up underneath the pack house and we were all scared about losing our loved ones. Gracie was howling in pain, not wanting Declan to get hurt.

River rushed over to me and jumped in my arms.

"Kendaw, daddy's up there" She said sadly.

"It's okay River, he is gonna be fine. He is big and strong and is doing everything he can to protect us"

"Why are dey here?" She asked bashing her eyelashes.

"They are here because of me River. A bad man is trying to take me away but Alpha Declan is not gonna let him take me away"

"You can't weave Kendaw cause I wuv you and I don't want you to go"

"I am not going to leave River"

She hugged me tightly and then fell asleep in my arms.

I tucked her into one of the beds and tried to enter Declan's mind. It was a bit hard considering we weren't mated or he hadn't even claimed me yet.

I enetered his mind and he was attacking Jake.

Gracie howled and started to try and reach Zeke so she could talk to him.

I grabbed my shoulder in pain and saw blood all over my hands. I dropped to my knees and started screaming.

"GET A DOCTOR, OUR LUNA IS IN PAIN!" Lottie said rushing over to my side.

"What is happening, help me Lottie"

"It's Declan, it's cause of the mating bond. You guys have a special connection. Just don't think about the pain and it will go away shortly"

"Is Declan alright?" I asked in pain.

"Don't know sweetie" She said with tears in her eyes.

Declan's POV

Jake and I were pushing each other around and fighting when he bit into my shoulder and hard. Blood rushed out of my wound but I pushed through the pain and kept fighting him, for Kendall's sake. Zeke and Gracie were communicating and she said that Kendall was in pain cause of the bite.

I didn't want to cause pain to Kendall but this mating bond was so powerful that we can feel each other's pain occasionally. 

Kendall's POV

I couldn't take all this pain anymore, I needed to see Declan myself. I ran up the stairs and unlocked the security door and run out onto the battle field. I could hear Lottie screaming at me to come back but I just couldn't, I needed to see him.

When I reached the field everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

'Kendall! What are you doing? Get back inside now!' Declan yelled through mind link.

'I needed to see you, you are hurt' I said looking at his shoulder where blood was obvious covering his fur.

'Get back inside now Kendall! You are going to get yourself hurt'

"Kendall!" 2 voices yelled, cutting off mine and Declan's convo.

I looked at them and it was my parents. How dare they show up here!

I glared at them and walked in their direction, standing about 3 metres in front of them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them.

"We are here to take you back to your mate, and back home where you belong" Dad said.

"He's not my mate, Declan is. You guys never listened to me! I told you that he wasn't my mate and that I didn't want to marry him but you guys insisted and just sent me away with him. I don't know who you guys are anymore and I don't care if you get killed in this battle"

"You don't mean that" Mum said angrily.

"Oh but I do" I said.

"Who is this?" Declan growled from behind me. He said it out loud so he must have shifted back into human form.

"No one" I said. "Kill them at once" I ordered. 

2 people from Declan's pack came towards them and ripped their heads off killing them instantly.

I looked at their bodies in disgust and turned to face Declan but he wasn't there, he was back fighting Jake.

I ran and hid behind the rest of the pack watching Jake and Declan fighting and growling like crazy.

I looked at the battle field and there were quite a few dead human bodies laying in the field. We would have to burn them later. I heard a loud howl and then my stomach started burning with pain.

I looked at Declan and he as laying on the ground naked in human form.

"DECLAN NO!!" I screamed trying to run towards him. I tried to run through the pack but Jarrod and a few other guys grabbed me and held me back.

Tears were pouring out of my eyes like Niagra Falls.

Some of our pack members ran towards Jake and attacked him, one of them biting into his neck, killing him instantly.

Declan was laying on the ground shaking in pain. It was only then that I noticed the silver all surrounding his body.

'I love you Declan' I said to him through mind link before I passed out.

Declan's POV

Jake and I were just fighting it out when he grabbed some silver out of no where and stuck it in my stomach. I instantly dropped to the ground back in my human form and started shaking in pain.I faintly heard the screams of my beautiful mate. 

Kendall.

I pictured her perfect self. Her amazing face, body, hair, everything. She was just perfect! All I wanted was for her to be safe, that's all I have ever wanted. 

'I love you Declan' Kendall said in my head.

I tried my everything to say it back but I was just to weak. Everything suddenly went black and that was when I thought that this was finally it. 

I was dying. 

Vote

Comment

Fan

<3