12. Patient

Kendall's POV

I am going to forgive Declan later but right now I think we just need our space from eachother.

I am going to let him claim me but not right now because I don't think I am ready. I know that he is ready but I need him to be patient for me and respect what I want.

Declan's POV

I am possibly the worst mate ever, whenever I am around Kendall, Zeke comes out and he just wants to play but he takes it too far.

'Look at what you have done to our mate Zeke! You scared her away! Just stop trying to come out when I am with her. You can come out when you are ready. Go apologise to Gracie!'

He howled in pain and tried to link with Gracie to apologise to her and Kendall.

I knew that she wasn't ready but I still went that far with her, I should have stopped it before it got out of hand.

I knocked on the door to my bedroom a few hours later to try and apologise to Kendall.

"Kendall baby? Are you still here?"

"Declan please leave me alone" she said sadly.

"I just want you to know how sorry me and Zeke are. We should have stopped before it got out of hand, I'm so sorry princess. I really want to make it up to you, please unlock the door and we can talk about this"

I heard her moving across the room and could tell she was at the door.

"If you really care about me then please just leave me alone for a little bit. I need some space"

"I understand but please just forgive me, I'm so sorry" I said, my voice cracking at the end.

She sighed and walked away from the door and sat on the bed.

Kendall's POV

I have been tossing and turning all night, I just can't get to sleep. I wasn't the only one awake though.

Declan.

I can sense that he is awake. Gracie and Zeke have been talking all night.

I hopped out of bed and unlocked the door to Declan's bedroom. The guest room was only straight across the hall so I tiptoed over there and opened the door slightly.

Even though it was dark I could still see that Declan was lying on the bed staring up at the roof.

"Can't sleep?" He asked me.

I shook my head and he stood up walking towards me.

"You know I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose right"

I nodded my head and grabbed his big hand in mine.

I led him to his bedroom and hopped into bed. He hopped in afterwards and pulled me towards him.

I had my back facing him and he was pressed up against me, we were in a spooning type of position.

Once he was with me I fell straight to sleep without any worries.

'So we will leave tomorrow night and arrive early the next morning and plan a surprise attack, they won't suspect a thing. Jake said to the Blood Moon Pack. They all howled in approval and ran towards the woods.'

I sat up in bed panting and sweating.

I shook Declan awake and he groaned.

"Wake up Declan, it's an emergency" I said.

"What?" He asked sleepily.

"Jake is planning a surprise attack"

He shot up and looked at me with wide eyes.

"How do you know this?"

"It.. It was in my dream"

He grabbed the sides of my face and kissed my forehead.

"They are coming not tomorrow but the next day, early in the morning" I said quietly.

"Thank you baby, I will call a pack meeting tomorrow"

He kissed my forehead again and sunk back down on his pillow falling straight back to sleep.

Boys. I smiled and sunk back down on my pillow facing the other way to Declan.

*********

I woke up the next morning and the space where Declan slept was empty.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and saw Peyton in there just sitting at the table talking to some other pack members.

"Kendall! Hey! If you are looking for Declan he has gone for a run. He said that he knew you needed some space so he left for a little bit" Peyton said.

I smiled and walked into the loungeroom where there was a bunch of guys including Jarrod. They were all laughing and talking and they seemed like they were having a good time.

All of them growled at me except for Jarrod.

"Guys stop it, that is your Luna" Jarrod said.

They all bowed their heads down and apologised.

"It's alright guys. I am Kendall by the way" I said after I sat down on the love seat.

They introduced themselves and they were all really great guys. We all continued to laugh and talk about school, sport, the pack and mates.

Around 40 minutes later Declan walked through the door in a blue shirt and black baskettball shorts. He came over and sat next to me when I smiled at him.

I needed to learn to trust and love him because he was my mate and he would never hurt me or Gracie.

He lifted me up off the couch carefully and sat me back down but this time on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me protectively and nuzzled his head into my neck.

"We are having a pack meeting tonight and you will be introduced to the pack as Luna" Declan whispered in my ear.

"What about if no one likes me" I said back nervously. 

All of the guys shook their heads and chuckled.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"Everyone is going to like you Kendall, you are like the coolest chick ever. We all like you here" One of the guys Benji said.

Declan growled at him and I know Zeke wanted to come out.

I turned around to face him and grabbed his face in my hands.

"Declan stop don't go all possessive mister. I don't like it so stop"

"Yes sweetie" He said sadly, putting his head down.

I grabbed his face making him look up at me.

I kissed his forhead and he had a smile on his face instantly.

"Oh god mate, you are so whipped" Jarrod said.

I smiled back at him and kissed his forehead again.

I was falling for Declan really hard and I enjoyed every second of it!

Vote

Comment

Fan

<3