14

The morning after was perhaps the worst thing to happen since the beginning of time. Besides the fact that I was sick to my stomach, I was in a strange place cuddling a oversized pillow all alone.

Where was Courtney?

I didn't really get to investigate, as my stomach wrenched, and I went running to the bathroom, knocking over a trash full of puke over. After I hugged the toilet for a good 20 minutes, I looked around, relieved I was at Courtney's. I couldn't remember but of last night, after the bottle of jack.

How did I get home?

With a killer headache and my stomach still turning, I waddled to the kitchen, grabbed stuff and started cleaning the puke. This only had me wrench more, dry heaving as I scrubbed down the puke.

After a good hour of cleaning, both the floor and my system into the toilet, my phone rang. Courtney with two hearts read of the screen.

"Hello?" I said in a raspy voice.

"I am coming home right now." Something in her voice was angry and I could tell she was stopping over here flooding tears.

I sighed and sat up. "What happened?" She just gave me a simple she'll tell me when she gets here and clicked me off. I got up and started making breakfast.

Thirty minutes later she stumbled in and slammed the door shut. I placed a batch of pancakes on the table and gestured for her to sit and eat, as I planned too as well.

She huffed down and slammed her heels, that she carried in her hand, on the floor. "I broke up with him."

"What?" I said choking on the pancakes slightly. She nodded.

"We were starting to do stuff and he was high, then he called me Steph."

I shook my head as I drank some juice. "That girl from the video store?"

"Yeah. I started tell him to tell me and he got really angry. He told me he's been cheating on me since we started dating. I really loved him, Heather! Know I feel nothing but disgust toward that drug infested rat." Courtney slammed down some pancakes, eating them as fast as her anger would let.

I nodded and sighed. "He never deserved you. And you deserved better than that dip-wad." I patted her hand as she cried into her pancakes.

"Can we watch movies and eat everything in my fridge?"

I smiled gently. "Better yet, I'll order dominos and we'll watch the Saw movies pretending every character dying is Frank."

She laughed through the tears. "You're the best, Heather."

***

Courtney and I were curled up on the bed in front of the TV as we laughed at the brutal murder of a character. We were already on the fourth movie when my phone ran. Caller ID read Aiden. "Hello?" I answered.

"Heather Montgomery." Aiden stated, a slight amusement in his voice. A flash of last nights events ran through my head. I tensed enough that Courtney looked up at me, worried.

"Traison." I said back.

"I need to talk with you. With last nights situation I could even ask you what I came to see you about."

I cleared my through and left the bed, walking over to the window, looking over the slight empty streets, lit by the sunlight that glowed white. "Thank you for taking me home. Although it wasn't necessary."

"Lies. You know how f^cked up you where." I sighed and let the white curtains brush against my bare legs. I had stripped down to undies and just a tank top after a good hot shower. Same with Courtney.