Chapter 3- Shopping Trips

ابدأ من البداية

So I did.

"Hi. Is this Andy?", a nervous Connor said at the other side.

"Yeah, this is Andy", I said twice as nervous.

"I was wondering if you, uh, want to come to a bonfire my brother and I are, um, throwing on Thursday. It's going to be right here on the beach, but in front of our house. You can bring your friend too".

I opened my mouth in shock. 

"What's he saying?", Sierra whispered.

I ignored her. "Um, yeah, sure. Thanks", I answered.

"Okay, uh, great. Bye", he said awkwardly and then hung up.

I hung up as well feeling speechless.

"So, what did he say?", Sierra demanded.

"Well, it looks like we're invited to a bonfire on Thursday".

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"It's a bonfire, not prom!", I screeched as Sierra dragged me into the mall.

"Yeah. But, it's a bonfire with two hot guys!", she reasoned.

Last night, after I told her we got invited to the Williams' bonfire, she freaked out and that's all she talked about for the rest of the night. And then she insisted we go shopping because we 'don't have anything to wear' to the bonfire so this morning, we borrowed her parents' car to take to town and here we are at this gigantic mall. It was three stories high. We didn't have any malls this big back in Chicago. Well, in Springfield, anyway.

"Well, I don't care about this so why am I here?", I complained.

"This is a big deal, Andy! We could end up dating them or at least be friends with them. We kind of need friends here in Orlando because if this goes well, we're probably coming back next year".

I sighed. "Okay, fine", I said giving in. I didn't have the energy considering the fact she woke me up at 8:00 this morning in order to do this. And I might end up getting another lecture, which I had enough of.

"AAAHH"!, she screamed. "Thank you, Andy. I love you!".

"I love you too".

I was glad Sierra was happy. She is my best friend and I love her to death. I even let her pull my arm and guide me to the first store we were going to, which was sadly Victoria's Secret.

"Victoria's Secret, really?".

"Yes. I need a new bikini".

"You already have a bikini!. You brought like thirty pairs!".

"Hence the term new!".

I rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long morning.

"Fine. But I'm not buying any. I'll just buy a new outfit for your sake".

"Yay!", she squealed.

While Sierra was prancing around the store, I was more of walking like a lost child. I sat at one of the small couches beside the change rooms and started playing games on my phone since I didn't have any wifi here.

"ANDY, WHERE ARE YOU?", I heard Sierra yell.

I reluctantly got up and found her at one of the aisles.

"Okay, first, stop yelling or else the workers here are going to have to call animal control. Second, what do you want?".

"Which one do you prefer?", she asked while holding up two bikinis. I wrinkled my nose. One of them was black with white polka dots and the other was lime green with yellow stripes. Those weren't the problem, though. The problem was that both bikinis barely covers up your boobs and exposes most of your butt.