“That doesn’t make you a shitty friend.” Ryder told me. “If Jackson was messing around with Andy, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t tell me.”

“That’s because if he was messing around with Andy, Tommy would like, murder him ruthlessly.” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

“Tommy or not, he wouldn’t tell me.” Ryder said. “Because it would be weird. Look, I’m not telling you not to tell her, I’m just saying that it’s okay to not tell her. I know you’re best friends and shit, but that doesn’t mean that you have to tell her everything.”

“Maybe not in guy world, but in girl world, you tell each other everything. We’ve told each other everything since elementary school and I’m not a good liar, I was not born to lie.”

“Well, it’s your decision. I’m going to go before I make you cry, because every time I talk to you, I seem to say the wrong thing and you end up crying. So I’ll see you later.”

“You don’t make me cry.” I defended.

He chuckled, but didn’t say anything else as he left the room and then I was alone again. Unable to sit still, I decided to venture outside of my room and found myself in the patio- the one that I came to with Brendon at the beginning of the summer. Oh, how simple things were back then. I miss Brendon. Not as in I miss him as a boyfriend, but I miss him as a friend. I haven’t talked to him all that much since we agreed on mutual avoiding, but I didn’t like that anymore. Now, I think it’s obvious that I’ve completely moved on, and I wanted to talk to him again. Right now, though, I just wanted to calm down and spend a few moments by myself.

“Libby?” Jackson’s voice piped as he walked into the room. I was sitting on the couch that faced the door so I saw him walk in.

I gave him a faint smile, I haven’t talked to him since we got back to the house yesterday, so I don’t know what was running through his beautiful head right now and that made me even more nervous. “Hi.”

“What are you doing in here?” He asked in confusion, walking into the room and sitting beside me on the small couch.

I shrugged. “Thinking, I guess. And trying to calm down.”

“If you want, I can go with you to talk to Holly.” He offered.

“I thought you said that it’d be weird.” I chuckled.

“Oh, it would be.” He agreed. “Really uncomfortable and weird, but if you really want me to, I will.”

“No,” I laughed. “It’s okay. We’re best friends, we’ll work things out no matter how bad she takes it.”

“What are you going to tell her?” He asked curiously.

I shrugged. “I’m going to tell her what happened at Tommy’s party. Well, the rated G version of it.”

Jackson smirked. “There’s a rated G version?”

I rolled my eyes and blushed profusely. “Okay, well I’ll at least try for PG-13. Anyway, after I tell her that, I’ll briefly explain what’s happened since then and then I’ll finish it off with the events of yesterday.”

“That’s a lot.” He admitted.

“I know.” I breathed. “But who knows? She might not even be mad, she could be happy that I’m over Brendon. After all, that’s what she wanted at the beginning of the summer.”

“That’s one possibility.” He humored me. “And while you’re at it, you might as well tell her one last thing.”

“What’s that?” I asked, frowning in confusion.