Chapter 19 - Sweet Day (✔ edited)

Start from the beginning

“Oh young lady, we’re glad you’re back!” The old woman replied as she rubbed her hands up and down across Priscilla’s back.

“Where are mom and dad?” Priscilla asked after pulling away from the older woman.

“Inside.” Peter replied shortly keeping a smile across his face. “Is your luggage at the trunk of your car, young lady?” he asked earning a nod from Priscilla.  The young lady immediately opened the mahogany door of their home.

She was welcomed by some of their servants whom she greeted back with a smile. Their living room was simple, neat and elegant as usual with a cream sofa set, Arabian carpet and an LED TV. Chandeliers of crystal, metal, silver and gold hung above the ceiling.

“Priscilla!” A familiar voice shouted from the staircase which made Priscilla turned to its direction.

“Mom!” she replied eagerly and ran towards her mom’s direction. She immediately hugged her mom after her last step in the staircase.

“I missed you so much!” They said in unison as they hugged each other tightly.

“So, you didn’t miss me?” A man said from behind Priscilla whose arms were crossed across his chest plastering a smile.

“Dad!” She said as she pulled away from her mom’s hug and hugged her dad. “I miss you so so, so much dad!” she said as she tightened her hug with her father.

Charles then kissed his daughter’s forehead before saying: “I missed you too, dear.”

“It’s lunch time now!” Ysabella said as she tapped the shoulders of her two beloved. “I’ve prepared the food with the help of Susana and the rest.” She added.

They then walked towards their dining room with a 12-seater table. They then sat close to each other just like before Priscilla moved out. The table was full of Priscilla’s favourite food.

“Susana, Peter! Join us.” Priscilla said as she looked at the two “You too.” She said to the 3 other servants inside their dining room. “Come on, seat.” She commanded. The five of them then sat with them.

“So, how are you?” her dad asked as they started eating.

“Excellent!” she replied eagerly. “By the way my graduation will be in two weeks from now and of course, I’d love if you would come.”

“What would our reason be to miss such an event, sweetie?” Ysabella answered. “We will be there for you because we are proud of you and we love you.” She added as she squeezed her husband’s hand that is rested on the table and gave her daughter an assuring smile.

“We’ve always been.” Charles added as he glanced at his wife and looked at her daughter, showing her his warm smile.

“I love you too mom and dad!” She said as she grinned at them, showing her set of white teeth before she started eating.

“Off topic, sweetheart. How is that guy in the accident you’ve mentioned?” her dad asked as he started cutting the tenderloin.

“Oh, his good!” She answered casually “I mean, we’re friends now—really close friends and just what I have promised I took care of him, he still suffers from amnesia other than that everything is fine according to the doctor.” She explained before she drinks the blue lemonade made by Susana. “I told him to stay at my guest room for the mean time.” She added.

“Uhmmm” Charles mumbles admiring his wife’s cooking. “Really? That’s so good to hear!” He said after finally gnawing his food.

“If this guy is a close friend of yours then we could invite him sometime here for dinner, shall we?” Ysabella suggested before she puts a spoonful of lasagna in her mouth. “Of course including Natasha.” She added after swallowing her food. “How is she by the way?”