Chapter seven part 2

Lunch couldnt have come quicker, it was a releif that i didnt have to worry about catching up in my classes, as my old school seemed to be farther along in the curriculum. I stuffed my books into my bag, before following Logan and Emma out of the science lab, and into the busy hallways. Logan was attentive and sweet, asking me about my life back home. He didnt seem to ask any questions about my mother, which im sure he was already told by Edan not to mention it. He asked about friends and boyfriends, which he found shocking that i didnt have many back home.

"Seriously? Your amazing! I'm suprised everyone wasnt lined up to be your best friend." He wrapped an arm around me and i flushed bright red by the contact. My lack of experience with guys hindered my reply. He laughed lightly, and winked at me.

'Easy there tiger." Emma noted pulling me away from him, wrapping her arms around me instead. "We dont want you scaring her off."

He snorted, "If she's hanging out with you then she's got to have a good constitution for scary. Have you looked into the mirror lately, Biker chick?" His tone was teasing, and didnt hold any venom towards her.

"Aww, bite me, Abercrombie." She replied, equally light heartedly.

I laughed at their behaviour, suprised by my own carefree tone. It was nice, not feeling so dark and desolate as i usually do. We made our way into the cafeteria, where they steered me to the lunch line. I grabbed a sandwich, a carton of milk, and an apple before paying the money i owed to the plump, short lunch lady. As i handed her the money, my hand grazed hers and i the feeling enveloped me, i had to slap my hand over my mouth stop the words fromt tumbling out. Anna Jones- that was her name, would get into a car accident tonight at 11:34 at night from a couple of teenage drunk drivers on her way to Sonic. She would become paralyzed from the accident and will be wheelchair bound for the rest of her life. I gasped trying to find my breath.

"You okay?"Anna asked, eyes concerned. I glanced at Anna's face, and i couldnt let it happen. I knew i couldnt. I leaned close to her, hoping she would beleive me, and whispered, "Don't go out tonight, please, whatever you do, just dont get into your car."

She seemed shocked, and her mouth fell open, thoroughly confused, she mumbled, "Why?"

I replied simply, "Just trust me, dont go out tonight." I left it at that, knowing if i explained further i would get myself into a mess, but i had to do something. I just hoped she took my advice. Logan and Emma sauntered up to me and steer me to the table. Sitting there was Edan and her friends. Mary was next to her, her long soft blonde hair straight and swept to the side of her head. Jackson, the guy with floppy blond hair and american boy good looks, was opposite of her, trying his best, i suspected to flirt with Edan. Mark was next to Mary, his arm loosly hung around her shoulders, and i suspected that they were going out by their behaviour. However, i noticed Mary's attention dart back and forth to Jackson's face, and i suspected their was something going on their as well. Logan slid into the seat next to Jackson, forcing me to sit next to him. Emma slid next to me despite the space, squishing me between my two new friends.

"Hey, lifesaver! How's your day been?" Jackson asked me, and i grimaced at my new nickname.

"Really Emma? Spreading the name around are you?" I scolded her.

She grinned like the cheshire cat. "Hey, you yourself said it seemed fitting."

"Whatever," i replied, the turned my attention back to Jackson, "Yeah it was okay, however good school can be anyway."

He laughed and replied, "Heard you have Emmerson for Science, tough luck.She's a cold hearted bitch.I had her last year and she practically castrated me.'

I laughed, yeah she seemed like a real hard ass. "It should be fine."

"You've got balls, girl. I would be bawling like a baby." This of course made everyone laugh, and i noticed Edan's cold glare towards me.

"Hey Dani," Edan started, her tone sickly sweet, "You didnt forget to take your happy pills today right?" My cheeks flushed, and my stomach dropped. How could she? How could she bring that up infront of everyone? Of course, of course it was all too good to be true. im not normal, i dont fit in with these people.

"No, i- i took them." I whispered.

"Oh good, you know how you get when you dont take them." She pretended concern and i couldnt help the deep dark hatred i had for her to surface. I never use to feel this way about her, but over these past few days, shes changed so much. I could see the dark and deep contempt she had for me.

"Hey lifesaver, think you could slip some to me? I heard happy pills are a real trip." Emma piped up, nudging me suggestively with a wink. I felt pure love for her then, she broke the ice between the group and took the attention off of me. Mark and Jackson were deep in discussion about the type of pills they have taken, arguing over what was better, prosacc or vicadin.

However, it wasnt long before Mary sneered, directed at me im guessing, "I think taking happy pills are disgusting. Its all just an excuse to get a high. Plea depression and you get drugs, how pathetic." The group went silent again and i let out a deep breath. Normally i would just let it pass, but there was something about this girl that really pissed me off.

"Well Mary, if you paid any attention in Science, you would know that Depression is a real sickness, and imbalence in the brain. It's not just a deeper form of sadness. Sad people dont want to commit suicide, Depressed people do."

Mary seemed shocked by my response, but replied,"I'm not dumb, i was just saying my opinion, jeeze. Defensive much?"

I raised my eyebrow at her, "Depression not being a sickness is not an opinion, It's pure idiocy. It's scientificlly proven that its a real disease. So, in actual fact, you were being, as you put it, "dumb."" Woah. Where did that come from?

Mary gasped, turned bright red, and averted her eyes, having been completely bested.

"Wow, way to bitch slap Mary back in her place. Good going, lifesaver." Emma excalaimed, slapping me on the back with a thud.

"Shut up Emma." Mary sneered.

"Dont mind her, Mary is prone to the bitchiness disease, which is in fact, a real disease Mary, before you try to dismiss that aswell." Emma retorted. I laughed in response, as did everyone at this point. I felt relief, proud of myself for standing up for myself.

Logan nudged me, and i turned my attention to him. "So, we're all going ot Zach Fredrick's party on Friday. You should come." Everyone agreed, apart from Mary and Edan, who kept their mouths shut.

I bit my lip indecisively. "I don't know..." I trailed off.

"Oh my gosh, you have to come! Look, you can get ready and stay at mine, it'll be so much fun!" Emma exclaimed, her eye bright with excitement.

I couldnt say no, not after just securing myself these friends. "Okay." I replied quietly, "Should be fun."

"Yay!" Emma exclaimed.

"Won't your mom mind, Daniella?" Mary piped up, and my gut dropped. The moisture in my mouth disapeared, and my hands started to shake. The group went deafly quiet, and even Edan seemed shocked.

"Oh wait..." Fake realization dawned on her sickly perfect face, "Your mom's dead. My bad."

I gulped, feeling my throat restrict, and fire burned down my body, directed at her. Suddenly, Mary was screaming, clutching her head, she fell off the cafeteria seat and was writhing on the floor.

"My heads on fire, I'm on fire. Make it stop!!!!" Her piercing scream echoed off the cafeteria walls. Everyone around me panicked, teachers ran to help her, Edan attempted to grab hold of her, everyone around me was crowded around her and it was all my fault. I was doing this. I was hurting her. I couldnt stop. I couldnt move. I just kept staring. Her body bent at an odd angle then, like she was trying to touch the back of her head to her back, he kept going further and further, any more and she would break her spine.... I seized myself out of the trance, falling backwards into someone, and the room was quiet. Mary was fine, the teachers were helping her up, she was crying hysterically and Edan and everyone was helping her to the nurses. I attempted to get my breathing back, but it was near impossible to do. After a good ten minutes, i had collected myself. I felt so drained of energy, i could barely keep my eyes open. Oh god, what had i done? Then all i saw was black.