Chapter 6 - Unpleasant Revelations

A/N: First chapter with some action, it's going to be a lot more interesting from here, (I hope). I hope you enjoy. Also, sorry this one's a little short. 

"Why were you glowing?". He opened his mouth "Are you really Mozart" "Can you help me with music?" He frowned and made a little noise before Draqueesha continued with her questions. "Are there really parallel universes? Is there going to be a paradox if you step on your grave or something? Are you dying?"

"Draqueesha!" he hissed. "I don't want to be caught. Listen, I'm here because I had to run away. Okay?"

"Why?"

"That's irrelevant." He glared at her. "The point is, they have assassins, and they're coming after me, so I'm hiding. I escaped through a gash between the realities. This was the first one I came to, and I'm thrilled, alright. I get it, this is exhilarating. But I CANNOT be caught."

Draqueesha slumped against the door and sank to the ground and put her head in her hands. She shook her head hard and her bun jiggled on top of her head, a few black strands worked their way loose. It was a lot to take in.

"Prove it." She looked up at his face.

"Excuse me?"

"I- I'm scared out of my mind right now. You're telling me anything can get into our reality via a gash?! A gash, which anything could get through! An assassin, coming after you and therefore me? I don't know whether I'm going mad so... Just prove it."

He sighed and straightened up, lifting the viola case from beside the door onto the bed. He undid the latches, then drew the bow. Draqueesha gasped in awe. The bow began to morph from its natural cherry appearance, and it became a weapon.

The sword had a simple handle, made of silver, and a weathered brown leather grip. No additional decoration was necessary, the blade was enough. It was about three feet long and made of – well actually she didn't know. It shimmered and shone with all the colors of the universe. It was like a vacuum, sucking her in. She could feel the age of it, it was eons old. Older than anything she could think of. The blade kept shifting internally, like windows opening up from hundreds of different realities. It just felt so there, like the essence of the galaxies of themselves were contained within. She felt like she was being pulled in, and she lost feeling in her toes. She looked away and drew in a deep, staggering breath, her heart threatening to beat out of her chest. She felt goose bumps erupt all over her body and her skin positively tingled.

"A rainbow sword." She murmured. She didn't need any more confirmation; she just knew everything he said was right. He really was a parallel universe Mozart. She staggered to the bathroom unsteadily, hands running across the walls. She entered, hunched over her commode and promptly vomited.

"Draqueesha?", Mozart asked, walking into the bathroom. Both of them hardly fit. Her dad had been able to get her her own room and bathroom, but even he had his limits. In the constricted space the rainbow sword shone even further, reflecting off the shiny periwinkle tiles and filling the room with an ethereal light. "Draqueesha, are you alright?"

"I- I'm fine. Just put that thing away." She mumbled. Draqueesha stood up slowly, and flushed the toilet, her vomit washing away. She shoved Mozart out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut, hunching over the sink. Calm she thought as she splashed herself with water. Draqueesha bent over and pulled a rucksack out of the cabinet beneath the sink. She opened the door to find Mozart sitting on the bed with her viola case open. He had his hands on the sword and she watched, fascinated as it morphed into her bow.

"What's the plan?" she asked as she threw her closet open and took out her essentials, warmest clothes, hygiene products, and started stuffing it into the suitcase.

"Why are you packing?" he looked at her questioningly.

"Well we're leaving, aren't we?" she looked at him with a slight smile. "Some intergalactic flight through space to throw the all powerful rainbow sword into Mordor or something?"

He continued with the blank expression.

"To defeat an evil wizard by finding the Horcruxes?"

"Overthrow an evil king and take back your kingdom?"

He narrowed his eyes slightly and just stared at her until he said "We're hiding, Draqueesha."

"Wait, so there's no mission to save the world?"

"Not really."

"No universe at stake?"

"Erm... no."

"Oh." She looked sad.

"I can tell you stories about my universe."

Draqueesha plopped onto the bed unhappily. Then she brightened, she was with Mozart, for God's sakes.

"So if you really are Mozart"

"Yes"

"You need to hear our music!" He was Mozart, and if music didn't matter to him, what did? She leaned forward, snatching her iPod from the nightstand and scrolled down her music playlists, smirking. She wanted to surprise him, pay him back for the shock he had given her. Beaming, she raised her finger on one of the songs and hit the play button.

All at once, an almighty screech rose through the room, resounding from the speaker.

Something else happened as well.

Her hair stood on end.

An inaudible boom resounded through the room, blowing her hair out of her face and sending her sheets flying.

Then everything stopped

                                                    suspended

                                                                           in mid air.

Held by some electric forces, nothing moved.

It was all coated by some electricity, crackling and vivid and purple.

Held by the same energy the sword rose, pulsing and throbbing with an incandescent light. It shimmered, brighter and brighter until it exploded, and sent everything out all over the room.

Memories, thoughts, ideas, hung from invisible strings.

Knowledge.

The past.

She saw Mozart stealing the sword, and chase from the alternate universe's biggest museum.

She saw the sword being lifted out of the flames that forged it.

She saw the first wielder, playing it its first music.

She saw all the wielders after that, showing the sword something it had never heard before and becoming the sword's true master.

She saw it consume the essences of things that were not supposed to be there.

She saw it grow stronger over time.

She saw Mozart plotting about taking over his world, and betraying those he called friends.

She saw a great many things, many of which she didn't understand. She was overwhelmed with awe, so much knowledge, accumulated from eons.

And with a slight whump it was all over.

The images were drawn into the sword.

The purple light faded from the walls.

The electricity dimmed.

She fell onto the floor.

Draqueesha reached out her hand to the rainbow sword, and wrapped her fingers around the handle. She gasped and doubled over feeling like someone had socked her stomach. Wheezing and spluttering, she dropped to the floor, and grabbed her head. She felt those eons of memories forcing themselves into her brain, rearranging herself among the multitude of her own. The stress was too much, and she slumped to the floor, completely unconscious.