Chapter 5. 'You're a ninja now!'

Começar do início

I peeked my head first from the door and scanned the room. The room was clear except for a long table on one side with Iruka-sensei and a white-haired guy sitting behind it. I nodded at them and walked where we are supposed to stand. Iruka-sensei smiled at me.

“Koizumi, Nami-chan. Don’t be nervous on me now.” Iruka-sensei stated. I nodded and smiled at him, readying myself. Well, suddenly, all the nervousness raking inside my head was gone. Maybe it was because, it IS Iruka-sensei and I know that he believes in his students. He believes that it will just be a piece of cake for me.

As my eyes travelled to the guy beside him, I saw him frown and roll his eyes at me but in a second, he was smiling too. A fake smile. I rolled my eyes inwardly when I stared at him. It’s official. I hate him.

"So Hello there Nami. This guy’s name is Mizuki. The both of us will be judging for your final exam." He waved for the guy beside him. “ So to start, the final exam is to make 2 or 3 replications of yourself.”

I bowed to them as a sign that I will start making the jutsu.

I closed my eyes and did the needed hand signs while focusing my chakra. I clasped my hands and opened my eyes and saw I made maybe 6-8 clones.

"I overdid it.” I looked at Iruka-sensei seriously and walked towards him.

"A piece of cake, right? You pass, Nami-chan." He told me and held out my forehead protector. It was black, not like the other blue ones. Yet, another unique possession.

“I knew you would say that.” I grinned from ear to ear and tied my forehead protector. The whole forehead protector was covered by my fringes so it didn’t look like I was wearing one. Iruka-sensei raised his eyebrows at me. “You shouldn’t put it there. It is hidden between your bangs, it looks like aren’t wearing one. But you still pass. You should wait for the others outside.”

“Okay. Thanks a lot Sensei. Thanks Mizuki.” I smiled.

"It's what to expect in the Koizumi Clan." Mizuki commented.

I rolled my eyes, making sure that he saw it and went outside. Maybe I should go home first, I will go eat and go back later. I grinned as a thought passed. I went outside the building and jumped to the highest window.

“Hey Grandpa Hokage! Guess what?” I told him excitedly as he turned his chair to face me.

“What is it? Isn’t it your graduation exam today?” He asked, clearly oblivious at my forehead protector.

I wiggled my eyebrows at him and grinned.

It took him a while to recognize it.

“Oh! So you passed. You know, you shouldn’t put it there so others will see it. It looks like you aren’t wearing one.” He told me as he puffed a smoke.

“I’ve been told.” I smiled.

“But oh well, Congratulations Nami.” He smiled through his wrinkled face.

I jumped at him and hugged him. “Thanks!” I beamed. “So Grandpa, do you know when will father go home from his mission?”

“Hmmm. I think it will be today so he can congratulate you on your graduation but something came up. There were problems on the mission he did. So maybe tomorrow morning.”

“Oh!” I rubbed the back of my neck. “Thanks Grandpa. I need to go. I’m going to pick up some food and congratulate my friends.” I waved as I jumped from the window where I came in.

“Like mother, like daughter.” I heard Grandpa say. Or maybe it was my imagination?

"Hey that kid is the kid. He was the only one who failed." Was the voice I heard as I got back from my house. It turned out, there was not much food left on my house so I need to go shopping. I activated my legō-fēlēs and searched for the others. I searched for Sasuke but I can’t hear him or feel him here in the academy, maybe he went home.