Emotions(edited)

PLAY SONG ON THE RIGHT >>>>>>

I woke up at six am. It was so quiet that I slapped myself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. I walked to Aunt Mae’s room. She was snoring like a wilder beast, as usual. I hated waking her up because she makes this distinct snot-like sound when she was done snoring.

“Aunt Mae,” I sat on the corner of her bed and shook her gently. The sound came almost immediately after I shook her. I cringed.

She yawned, “Wren, what do you want?”

“School, remember,” I cocked my head to the side. “Unless you’re too tired then we can just try this tomorrow,” I took a step towards the door, hoping she'd go along with it.

“Yeah right, I’m up, go get dressed.”

“Fine,” I sighed.

I walked to the bathroom, stripped, and then got into the shower. I let the water fall down my body. Water rained over my face like a waterfall and I moaned in its steamy pleasure. Unlike our last home, this shower had hot water. We were lucky if we could get lukewarm in our last home.

“Wren, you got about forty-five minutes to finish up!”

“I know!” I shouted while spewing water from my mouth. I was having such a good time that I didn’t get out the shower until six thirty-eight.

“Wren, come on!” Aunt Mae banged on the sturdy wooden door. “You know school starts at seven fifteen.

“What? No breakfast?” I shrugged as I walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and another encircling my hair. “I can’t have a good day at school without breakfast, it’s the most important meal of the day,” I joked as I ascended the stairs to my room.

“You can get a pop tart and you’ll like it!”

After five minutes of contemplating what I wanted to wear on my first day, I decided to just go with the flow. Today, my flow was telling me to pick my stonewashed jeans with a red blouse. I wasn’t feeling like boots today so my black flats would have to do.

Once I was done, I walked downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a pack of strawberry pop tarts. Aunt Mae had the heat on in the car already. Once I got in, we were on our way.

“You okay?” she asked me. I wasn't really sure how to answer that question.

“Huh?”

“You’re not eating. You usually devour those things as soon as you get them.”

“Nervous I guess,” I took a bite of my pop tart. I knew that couldn’t be it. I haven’t been nervous since I was in the fifth grade and we moved four different times that year. That was also the year I had learn that my parent weren't the rogues only target. “Aunt Mae?”

“Yeah baby.”

“Do you think I’ll ever have a normal life again?” It seemed that every year I ask her that question and every year she gives me the same answer. And no matter how good the answer is, it never seems to be the one I'm looking for.

“Of course sweetie,” she rubbed my hair. I hated when she did that. It always meant that she wasn't telling me something. It made me furious.

“Really? It’s been over ten years since mom and dad were…killed, and we’re still running. What do they want with me? I’ve done nothing wrong. Why are they chasing me? I just want a normal life…as normal as it can be for a wolf,” tears threatened to shed. I push the gnawing, empty feeling to the back of my mind.

“I know baby. I know exactly how you feel," she glance at me, "You know I never wanted this life for you. It’s not fair. If I could, I would go back in time and change this, but I can't. ”

“You know why they’re chasing me, don’t you? Why won’t you tell me?”

“It’s complicated.”

“Bull shit!” the wolf in me screamed.

“Wren!”